What's your ice skill...?

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm not really asking for anyone to do anything as to .. make a real addition to the spell system but I am just curious.. for those of you with a decent spellcasting. What is your ice... I have busted by ass to reach 27 but I'm just curious how many of you have.. made this game harder on yourself haha.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
26, and I'm not touching Ice again until I find a better way to level it :|

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Mines like 26 or 27, I think if I level it my SC will go up... but it is such a pain. I think humansteak has like 30 something.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
31 and it took ages and a lot of determination. (boredom :wink: )

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ice? Was ist das?

Oh, right, that skill that is an enormous pain in the ass to level. :p I think it's 18 or so.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i dun really wanna bother looking mine up, but blizzard is fun to put down before pulling out a fast weapon like a tork or rune axe =P

Enemies are slow, You are fast, They die, and You survive.

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hmm... would it be difficult to add a weapon for leveling the skill? I mean I think I remember thothie or someone saying no more spells till spell system is revamped (in other words never), but a weapon for the job would be useful... Well I guess past SC21 I just can't rely on ice anymore ha

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
[FSM]Higgins said:
hmm... would it be difficult to add a weapon for leveling the skill? I mean I think I remember thothie or someone saying no more spells till spell system is revamped (in other words never), but a weapon for the job would be useful... Well I guess past SC21 I just can't rely on ice anymore ha
Yeah basically it would be like if there's a new ice spell added, it's like...
OMG LEVAL 2 FAST
and everybody will have about 53 ice in a matter of hours, which will cause the game to crash and then crash again, and we (we??? wtf) don't want that to happen.

Edit: In before triple nerf of new ice spell that has yet to be created.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Got Ice at 24, which is the exact same level as all my other spell categories, save Divination, which is 16.

Blizzard pwns - I use it on everything that isn't outright immune to it (even those that are resistant, usually still get slowed).

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Jelly said:
Slowing things doesn't give you exp. Damaging things does. :roll:

slowing things makes them damage you less, pull out a weapon during the slow time and you can kill enemies w/o taking as much damage. Taking less damage = being able to do more damage before having to retreat and heal.

and if you need to heal, blizzard the enemies to make it easier to run away... unless you can do freezing sphere, or dun have enough mp for FS.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, but, this discussion is on how much of a pain it is to LEVEL ICE. Not the benifits of using blizzard. TBH, as soon as the spell system gets fixed, I'd love to see a single-target damage ice spell, that has a slowing effect, but a small DOT.

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't really like spell casting that much especially ice. I prefer just the weapons, like in the original MS before all this magic crap. But my ice level is uhhhhhh 9! :p

[FSM]Higgins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm just saying that uhh... divination, affliction, fire, lightning are all... reasonably able to clear 30 when ice is... more work than those combined to get up that high it feels like :p