What a drama D:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I really ****ed up that electromagnetism exam :(

But then again, how the hell can they expect me to know the fundamental theorems for divergences and curls from the top of my head :S

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ouch. Is it game-breakingly f*cked up, or can you still fix it with grades from other classes?

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Was it this by any chance?
fundcal.png

(Google)

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
math_theorems.png

Source: great book, pages 31 and 34.

But really, I even asked the teacher which formulas we had to know from the top of our heads, and the reply was:
"You don't need to know mathematical formulas, like, for example, the divergence in spherical coordinates, but you must know formulas of physical problems, such as the Maxwell equations or the potential of a system after separation of variables."

But the very first question of the exam was:
"Give the expressions for the divergence and curl of the electric field and deduce the integral forms of both laws."

And to deduce that, you need to know the above two theorems from the top of your head. Obviously I know the Maxwell equations from the top of my head (both in divergence/curl form and in integral form) but I never figured I'd have to rewrite them from one form into the other by means of two crazy-ass theorems which I never thought I'd have to remember >.>

And, interestingly enough, the equation for the potential of a system after separation of variables (in spherical coordinates) was given, even though the teacher mentioned that one should be memorized.

/rant

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Why would i even want to learn this crazy stuff, it would end up making me go nuts.
This is what you get after killing 200 rats. Next time try killing 200 boars and see the results! :D

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Those two equations don't look that hard to remember. Doesn't mean that you will have some degree of difficulty memorizing them. But I suppose memorizing them and plugging in numbers is an entirely different story :|

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I think it's related to the Stormpharaoh's Lance. Now that it's quite clear that it's nowhere to be found, zeus is coming up with a crazy theory every other day, such as:
Maybe you have to beat sorc_villa hostile under a certain time to get the lance to spawn at umulak...

So yes, I think the problem with zeus is related to the other problem - namely that of the Stormpharaoh's Lance not spawning. :mrgreen:

Shadeska

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Fairly certain that some professors do this for teh lulz.
I had an English professor last semester who told us the entire midterm would be, "Very mid-termy. No writing sections, just a lot of matching and multiple choice. Save your writing skills for actual essays."
Test date came up and there was not a matching key in sight. Everything was short answer with the last part being an essay. I was like, "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" in class. For the next exam, after a student asked him what was going to be on it, I asked him, "Is it really? Are you sure?"

He laughed. I don't know whether he got the reference or not :?

KingLemo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
My bad, I was ragetheorizing with Zeus and started coming up with "perhaps you have to beat X many mobs on Sorc_Villa blah blah such 'n' such" lol.