Well I'm playing MS:C again...

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Now, I last played when MS:C was first released, I stuck around for a few weeks but soon moved on.

Now I've come back, what's changed? It seems to be a lot so I got a few questions...

Before the main strong weapons were, Skullblade, Calruin's Mace, that orc battleaxe thing, FCK and Hugger Dagger.

The usable spells were, Glow, Fire Dart, Ice Wall (If you could find the damn thing), Erratic Lightning, Rejuvinate and Summon rat.

Volcano, Blizzard, summon undead, and the thunder storm all exsisted, but were next to IMPOSSIBLE to learn, as Lightning and Fire were the only magic levels that increased, so you could get your SC to about 7...

All in all, what's been added, new maps, new weapons, new items etc?
What magic levels now work, as only two did before...
Also how do you make money now? I notice stuff costing thousands (Scrolls?) but I can barely make 100 gold...

Oh final note, how does magic work now, what do tomes do? What do scrolls do? What's the spellbook for?

Edit: Haha it still has my old signature, that characters gone now. I need armor, I'm only using leather, but the good stuff is to expensive :(

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Wow Belmont you still play eh lol.

It's been about a year hah? I got the betapack and all, where's the wiki?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
well ms_snow was added...

you can use and level up all magic now minus summoning you can use it but u really cant level it up it more or less falls on your SC level.

i wouldnt know about the strongest weapons thing prolly around the same.

a couple new spells but like u said it takes for ever to level up sc...

thothie added a bank "might wanna read up on that before use"

um i think he fixed armor display bug...

er...

snake staff added...

lots more... like he said too much to list.

oh n gold they think is tooo easy to get but what it is , is once they get a high level and have theyre equips they have nothing to spend it on...
so it still takes a while like rats in ms used to drop gold and u could sell theyre pelts for 5 gold while now they dont drop gold and u can only sell theyre pelts for 1... meh oh well...

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Too much stuff has been added.

Most notably, Trolls can throw big faecking boulders at you and there is a banking system now (OMG! BUTTSECHS!) that is pure joy to use :)

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
oh boy i got a pic that goes right with what he just said lol just wait till i get home from work hehe

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Great Jax now we're going to see something very disturbing (unless we disable images to load for ourselves over the Internet)...

Well Xerospace, Blades of Urdual is STILL the largest Guild with the most active players :D

In-fact, since you were last here; most of the other Guilds have been collapsing and failing, and their ex-members have flocked to the Blades, primarily anyways. A few new Guilds have popped up, and *many* new cheaters have attacked MSC.

There is also some advertisements around now, at halflife2.filefront and moddb.com, so we're finally seeing a new influx of players... sadly I haven't seen many that speak English well enough to know the word "cheater" properly. Because of that many of them abuse cheating to a truly horrifying point (ACEHIGH ACEHIGH ACEHIGH), then try to lie about it in a language they don't understand using a free translation website.

Kokris is alright, but he has had a cheaters bout already :p

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Jax said:
Too much stuff has been added.

Most notably, Trolls can throw big faecking boulders at you and there is a banking system now (OMG! BUTTSECHS!) that is pure joy to use :)

117340.jpg

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I don't see how you can cheat... Unless they make cheat maps?

I'm doing fairly well I think. Still getting used to it though lol.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Kokris is alright

Alright!?! He tried to get a script list out of Thothie, while at the same time stealing credit for a map he didn't make. + the incident with the cheatmap. I don't really see how that makes him "alright". :|

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Jelly said:
Netrogor said:
Kokris is alright

Alright!?! He tried to get a script list out of Thothie, while at the same time stealing credit for a map he didn't make. + the incident with the cheatmap. I don't really see how that makes him "alright". :|

this thread ain't about him so stfu..

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
mother f*cking cheaters!!!! RAWR!!!!!
THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING!!!

oh, and skycastle chests not appearing for people on servers w/ the latest map updates....

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Jelly said:
Netrogor said:
Kokris is alright

Sadly I hadn't found out about Kokris super map whorage until AFTER I had posted that. Since I've been posting at my own leisure as of late :(

Well... sorry Kokris... but you SUCK for that event. I mean, you suck on donkey balls for breakfast you suck so bad for pulling that stunt!! And that's just for stealing credit for another person's map, you'd better pray to your God (be it Allah, Buddah, or simply God) that I don't break out about how you tried the ultimate in cheating, and then SUCCEEDED in getting enough to cheat for tons of items (happily not all of them, like the spells).

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
[zEdge3]OMG NETROGOR U NEED 2 STFU STFU I MEAN STFU BOUT COCKRIS DIS THRED IS AM NOT ABOUT HIM STFU K[/zEdge3]

No but seriously, Kokris is a dick.
And Mario, the chests in the Skycastle appear just fine for me.

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
[zEdge3]OMG NETROGOR U NEED 2 STFU STFU I MEAN STFU BOUT COCKRIS DIS THRED IS AM NOT ABOUT HIM STFUK[/zEdge3]
No but seriously, Kokris is a dick.

point taken...thanks J-M but i can assure you i don't speak like that :|

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Wow today was fun. Me and my friend finally sucked it in and went to try some harder maps. We killed Calruin, just to get owned shortly afterwards...

I found the crossbow! And I had some Iron Bolts and with 9 Archery it does 22.5 damage... I'm impressed, so much stronger than the bow lol.