Weird overflow (or something?) issue?

Borya

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A glacial palace in the elder forest of the north.
On one of the computers I play MS:C on, while in MS_Snow (and MScave too, so I'm guessing any complex maps), if I cast Healing Circle the game hard-locks. But other people can cast it without issue. I've got it to happen on both Mikkel's server and Cyrez's. What could possibly be the cause of this? To clarify, by the way, it's not when I first ready the spell, it's when I spend the mana and drop the circle that I lock up.

Edit: I dropped a mana potion, and was able to cast it fine. Then I picked it back up and the problem came up again. Could it be an overflow? With the pot I was at 55 items (54 if no spell is readied)

Edit again: Changed title to reflect my findings out.

Edit yet again: Server console on a server I'm testing it out on states no overflows are being detected.

...: It doesn't seem to happen when I'm at 54 (53 if no spell is readied) items.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Check if you have a bag in your bag.

Borya

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Well, so much for continued testing of it, screwed up and lost my spare HC scroll (my first was lost when it first came up), lol

Here's some info if you or Thothie or Blasto wanna take a look:

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:4030452
Slot: 2? (whichever the middle one is)
Char name: Vecna

Hopefully no rollback will be necesary (HC scrolls can be replaced without much trouble, but if there's something screwed up, I guess I'll have no place in refusing a rollback to fix it).

Borya

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I guess I'll go back to playing the character, and just assume that if any further issues come up, there's no problem with the character, that it's just Saint Cuthbert or those dicks in the Circle of Eight screwing with me, eh? ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Didn't catch this when you first posted it for some reason. Sometimes individual items get corrupted, and then screw with all the items that appear after them in your character's data stream. In this case, it sounds as though that potion somehow got corrupted (bad "quality" drinking data count maybe). Whenever you cast healing circle, the spell is added to your item data as a new item, and it's likely being corrupted by that potion. Whenever you find an item doing something odd like this, ye should discard it. It most often happens with stackable items and packs, as they have their own data. (ie. how many items in the stack, what's in the pack, if it's "locked", etc.)

Tis my best guess.

...Hopefully D&D/Grayhawk gods have nothing to do with it. I don't think we can help you if Olidammara starts stealing your stuff.