Weapon chart.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Tentative weapons table:
The table going from left to right displays the name of the weapon/spell, then my skill in said weapon when I tested it, then it’s attack rate (lower is better), average damage per hit, any extra damage and an approximation of it’s chance to go off, accuracy (higher is better), an unadjusted dps for the weapon at that skill level, then a number representing final base DPS with all previous factors calculated in. These numbers are not specifically or technically derived, but they are all proportioned to each other and can show relative damage on a normal enemy. Not that to derive a proportional accuracy number for each weapon I divided the level of skill by the die roll you have to beat for a hit, since this does not increase every level this shows an inclining scale of accuracy rather than the actual jumps you get every few levels. Also, fortunately DoTs from weapons hit every second, so they can be instantly converted to dps after applying the approximated percentage to the initial damage. In base dps accuracy is taken into account and will increase or decrease the final number. I used the skill level to divide from the final number in order to balance out skills being higher or lower. Keep in mind accuracy has less bearing past 25 skill and begins to become irrelevant.
Code:
FireGauntlets:  ||--22--||--10--||--16--||--15/80%--||--1.15--||--28dps--||--1.46base--||
TorkalathBlade: ||--18--||--7---||--24--||--n/a--||--1.5--||--31.2dps--||--2.6base--||
GreaterIceBlade:||--18--||--20--||--56--||--n/a--||--.81--||--28dps--||--1.26base--||
Calrain’sMace:  ||--18--||--15--||--34--||--n/a--||--.9--||--22.6dps--||--1.13base--||
DarkMaul:       ||--18--||--23--||--40--||--11/30%--||--.75--||--22.1dps--||--.92base--||
BoneBlade:      ||--18--||--1---||--24--||--lifetap/100%--||--1.05--||--24dps--||--1.4 base--||
SnakeStaff:     ||--18--||--8---||--5---||--10/40%--||--.64--||--10.8dps--||--.34base--||

Wep.name:       ||--skill--||--spd--||--dmg--||--ex/%--||--acc--||--raw dps--||--base dps--||
This was based on green spiders, which to my knowledge have no real strength or weakness other than a bit of natural AC, this is by no means a complete study and is relative. The un-adjusted DPS is more likely to be an accurate measure of the weapons potential, and this chart does not take into account special functions or common weaknesses. To discern this, apply +/-20%dps per weakness or strength to find adjusted dps. The base DPS is only used to measure each weapon in proportion to each other given normal circumstances.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Howcome the Torkalth Blade's speed is 7 and the Bone Blade's speed is 1? Torkalath Blade is still the fastest weapon in msc as far as I know :roll: Atleast my Torkalath was faster than my BB last time I tested :)

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
whoops, meant for that to be a 10, I'll change that when I get some other weps in. Tork is nd prollywill be the fastest wep for a good while. Not surprisingly the best base dps so far too.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I wish there good be a fast attacking weapon that actually did good damage.. but that'd be as bad as Lanethan's Blade (high power... 25dmg per power lvl, plus rapid attack) :roll:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That's why it was Lanethan's blade >_>

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
are you even LOOKING as the torks efficiency? Holy crap man.... given it's a bit inflated with it's accuracy but still, it's a beast considering it's effective against most anything aside from things that are just plain tough anyway.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
It's not high damage, though. Also, the damage seems to be spread all over the place (Erratic Blade!)

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
well I would assume the higher the dmg goes the wider range it has, but that's counterbalanced by it's accuracy. It's the best all around dps wep in the game right now.