Ultrawide issue

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
It's a small issue, but I have an ultrawide monitor running at 2560x1080 resolution with a 21:9 aspect ratio and I don't have any numbers on the hp and mana bottles in the bottom left. I turned on the hp notifications in the combat log but it just isn't the same. If there is any way to fix it I would appreciate it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You know you're over specced for MSC when...

Hrmmm... It's probably an engine limitation, but it maybe possible to tweak the Half-Life\msc\gfx\vgui\fonts folder to play better with it. If you have a Half-Life1 mod that is working clean with font displays on the HUD, check the same subfolder thereof and see if there's a "2560_Title Font.tga" file. Copy all of that mod's 2560_*.tga to the aforementioned MSC folder.

It might also be possible to fiddle with the .res files in msc/resources (particularly TrackerScheme.res). Open them up with Notepad and try tweaking the font definitions (back the files up first, of course). I have no way to test that sorta resolution here though, and have no idea where to begin, off hand.

If you do work something out, report back, and I'll integrate it into the next update/installer.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I'll play around with it, now I know where to look.