Ubuntu

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Welp, I installed Ubuntu onto my sister's old laptop and might I say, it's quite awesome. Check it out, I'm not trying to persuade you to switch to it, it's just really cool for a free OS.

EDIT: Ugh, I can't get the link to work properly, oh well, just navigate to Ubuntu's homepage.

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
It's too bad that Windows is the gaming OS, just because of its popularity. Still though, most Linux OS are pretty nice, way ahead of Mac OS X IMO. Some builds of it can be run on damn near anything too :mrgreen:

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
jon50559 said:
It's too bad that Windows is the gaming OS, just because of its popularity. Still though, most Linux OS are pretty nice, way ahead of Mac OS X IMO. Some builds of it can be run on damn near anything too :mrgreen:

Keldorn told me of a Steam emulator for Linux...well..he mentioned it, dunno where I can find one though. Even if I do, the laptop is quite old and rather pathetic to be a gaming laptop. Seriously, prior to me installing Ubuntu onto the laptop, I could BARELY run Half-Life 1. The battery is a bust too, it doesn't hold a charge. Hrmmm.....I'll be lucky to find a new battery for it given how old it is. Oh well, perhaps I will just use it for...something... :|

EDIT: OK, I found an emulator that can run Windows executable files on Linux. Jesus, installing Steam is a bitch.