tPoD - 13 members *dead*

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
alright so I have thinking about this for a while now, a ranking system for the guild.

Now this is only version 1, keep in mind that I may change this when I finally set it into motion.

These ranks are for the three founding members of this guild
Captain - head of the ship everyone follows his commands
Lieutenant - only takes orders from the captain, will command the ship in my absence
Master - keeps peace on the ship, general ruler will only take direct orders from the captin or lieutenant.

this are the ranks attainable by the members

landlubber - everyone starts off here, stays this way for a week. Then they can get a crest.

Mate - You are now a shipmate, this rank is handed to anyone who has been in the guild for a weak, and is at minimum level 10

Quartermaster - quartermaster is just like mate only difference is you rule over mates, your not all that special here. I am still thinking up requirements.

Ok now this is where things get interesting, I also am not sure on requirements for this section as well.

you have 2 paths you can pick in this guild, each one is just as important as the next, A pirate ship will not function without both.

Sailmaker - dwells under the deck fixing the sails and making clothing for the other pirates
or
Coxswain - keeps the upper deck clean and helps the boatswains with rope management

If you picked sailmaker your next rank will be carpenter
Carpenter - you are the lead under the ship, anyone in your territory is under your command, your duties involve makeing sure there are no leaks in the hull and that the sails are fully functional without any problems.

If you picked coxswain your next rank will be boatswain
Boatswain - You are the lead above the ship, anyone in your territory is under your command, your duties involve making sure all ropes are secure and that the mass is getting the best air flow so we can reach maximum speed.

therer are three other ranks I am still trying to place.

Pilot - the general driver of the boat goes where the captain tells him, knows his way around by the sun, stars, and the moon.

Gunner - the keeper of the cannons on the ship, maintains and trains those aboard the ship in the proper use of the guns, also helps the pilot with navigation to make sure the cannons can be used to there best ability.

Doctor - Keeps everyone healthy as possible on the ship, not much more than that. Typically the doctor on a pirate ship never wanted to be a pirate. He/she was usually forced into being a pirate doctor.

Cook - whats a pirate ship without a cook?

These are the majority of titles I am working with, it covers the whole crew on a pirate ship. I welcome you to give me feedback about the titles or even how to arrange them.

WOOOT MSRP

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
villager said:
Omg, we got a new recruit: Rin Tohsaka

Blastos shall update cause Jhaxavier said so. :O

updated

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
villager said:
Omg, we got a new recruit: Rin Tohsaka

Blastos shall update cause Jhaxavier said so. :O

updated

I know 2 people that wants to join tPoD but I don't know who is around to do the recruiting.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Recruiting can only be done by me, Jhaxavier, or villager. If someone wants to join please direct them to one of these people. Also mention the forum, if they post it I am more likely to catch it.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
Recruiting can only be done by me, Jhaxavier, or villager. If someone wants to join please direct them to one of these people. Also mention the forum, if they post it I am more likely to catch it.

ayeeeeeeeeeeee caaaaaaaaap!

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
yarr it will be hard to hand out crests for a while, between finals, homework, and that registry crash. I haven't had much time for MS:C, still don't have it installed yet.

maybe this weekend, when some of this study/homework lets up.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I have version 2 of the ranking system!

this will be the general structure

(the dots are needed to mantain the format.)

.....................................Landlubber
.............................................|
..........................................mate
.............................................|
....................................Quartermaster*
.................................../.........|...........\
......................Sailmaker...Coxswain...Powder Monkey
...........................|.................|...................|
......................Carpenter...Boatswain.......Gunner

....................................Quartermaster*
.................................../...........|...........\
................Doctor(limit 2)...Cook(limit 2)...Pilot(limit 4)

I have changed it to include one more main path from quartermaster so I could include the gunner. I added powder monkey (which is also an actuall position on a pirate ship) to connect gunner to quartermaster. Now Powder Monkey is quite different in this world than in the real world. Real powder monkeys where only 10 - 12 year old boys.

You will also notice that doctor, pilot, and cook have been tied to Quartermaster.

Basically when you reach quartermaster state, you will have a total of 6 choices to rank up in, what you rank up in is your choice. You will have to keep in mind that Doctor, cook, and pilot don't actually reach any higher state but they have a limit to the number allowed on the ship. Makes your title more unique however you won't be the highest rank you could potentially reach.

Now if you did take one of these titles then decide later you wish to be a poweder monkey, sailmaker, coxswain I will allow this. Once your title is changed you can start working your way up the food chain to the highest attainable rank in that feild. I will not however allow a Carpenter, Boatswain, or Gunner to drop down to a rank with a limit on it, its only one way, a limit rank can go to a non limit rank, but a non limit rank can not become a limit rank.

I am still revising this and working on it, I don't think I will be adding any more titles, but I don't know for sure. The next step for me is to figure out the requirments needed for each of the ranks, and yes the needed requirments for all the ranks will be different from each other for the most part, or well thats the goal at least.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i have cox in my speed dial.

because it f'd up so much when i first got it. i had to call them every day when i got home to tell them to fix it.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I HAVE CRESTS!!! tell me a time to meet and I will try and make it.

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So do I get first mate or what? Whatever I'm having, I want high rank...XD. Good ranks, Blasto. So am I a quartermaster or a First Mate? 'Cause, (as you said) only me, you and villager can hand out crests and recruit.

And I'll be needing a crest...but the ISPs in East Java really suck, so things could prove difficult :oldlol:

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Those ranks that you see are for our fellow guild mates to rank up through.

the three high ranking officers get these titles:
Captain = me
Lieutenant or 2nd Mate = you or villager
Master = you or villager

the role of the lieutenant/2nd Mate was to control the ship and everything in the absence of the captain

The Master keeps everyone in line, making sure there are no fights on the ship, and to basically maintain peace on the ship while we sail the open seas.

I figured this is how the ranks would be:

Captain = Blasto121
Lieutenant = Jax
Master = Villager

The lieutenant can only take orders directly from me, and the Master can take orders from both Captain and Lieutenant, however most orders work there way down the rank so the Lieutenant does most of the order giving on the ship.

you may change position if you like.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I have updated the first page to reflect the changes, hopefully I can get the rest of the ranks working so our fellow guild mates can have a rank on the ship. Although not everyone in the guild is registered with the forum yet. So I don't know what we are going to do about them.

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Welcome our new member 2lt. Walter! Gold armour, arrr Q(>.<)

Pics 4 u!:

edana0013copy.jpg

I decided to monkey with the camera, and I got this. Thanks for posing guys! 8)

edana0017copy.jpg

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
now if we could just get one with the captain in it :D

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I'm getting there, I can't help it when you see my post the second its posted.