The ultimate guilds guide!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Very nice update and thanks for the description J-M. First post looks very nice and clean.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think someone needs an update :wink:

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Snow Wolf / RaZoR said:
:O J00 just forgot zeh Crusaders :O

Please no "j00"'s plz i hate that word ><

also yeah i was gonna say i just read the whole guild list and i saw my guild was dead ^^

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Hey WeissberV, I just updated your guild information:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
The Crusaders
-This guild consists of holy knights who fight for the holy land. The guild has been revived by WeissberV, the original leader. The members of this guild are split up in two groups: the lower level members and the higher level members.
Leader: first WeissberV, then mintree, now WeissberV again
viewtopic.php?t=4033

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think you need to update this thread J-M

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Mushroom Kingdom, DarkTide, and another RiP leader...Also teh S.H.I.T. is still alive L.O.L.
Oh, and Muchahadeen is, I'd say, alive, despite a lack of guild thread presence.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The guild is dead. I am sure others are as well.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
So I finally got around to updating this.

Added: the Divine Wind
Added: the Mushroom Kingdom
Added: the Scouts of Valen
Updated: DarkTide leader information
Updated: RiP leader information
Updated: S.H.I.T. leader information

Comments? Post.

Important: The transition to phpBB3 broke every single link to every single guild topic. I only fixed the links of the active guilds. The active guilds are, in my eyes:
1. The Blades of Urdual
2. The Crusaders
3. DarkTide
4. The Divine Wind
5. The Mushroom Kingdom
6. The Order of Muchahadeen
7. The Pirates of Dreadwind
8. RiP
9. S.H.I.T.
10. The Scouts of Valen

Important: I changed the description of every single dead guild to "DEAD GUILD". I might even remove all the dead guilds from the list. If I do that, I'd probably also delete the guild topics of all the dead guilds, to clean this place up a bit. Still not sure about it though. I'd also have to instate a 'check-in' system for all the guilds, which would require a single guild member from every active guild to post in this topic once every month to prove that the guild is active.
Discuss!

[Guild politics]Also, I'm still the proud leader of one of the two oldest MasterSword guilds, ever (other guild being DarkTide) 8) [/Guild politics]

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yea but.. but... RiP iz teh bests!

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
RiP's description still says we have 2 leaders >_>

Dislike the check-in idea. Perhaps you could just ask the dead looking guilds to verify they're still around?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
When is the RiP guild going to be tagged with "This guild has been around for a very long time"?

scaredwolf

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The checking in thing works for guilds internally, it will work for the entire guild community as a whole too, its not hard, we BoU members do it every month already, so what if it gets annoying, you forum post whores can all get a +1 by doing this.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
While that is true for some. Everyone sees RiP's posting here all the time, among other things (developing, contrubuting, owning)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Same with tPoD and BoU (posting, anyway)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
RiP's description still says we have 2 leaders >_>
Sorry, fixed.

The Man In Black said:
Dislike the check-in idea. Perhaps you could just ask the dead looking guilds to verify they're still around?
I'm quite sure that the leaders of the dead guilds vanished long ago. Either that, or they joined other guilds (Seiryoku ex-guild leader Belmont is now a Blade for example).
But, just for the record, does The still exist, Man In Black :mrgreen: ?

Also, I thought a bit more about the check-in system thingy; I can't just delete dead guild topics. A guild leader might come back, wanting to restart his guild. I'm still thinking about the in-topic check-in thing, though.
However, I'm this close [] to removing all the dead guilds from the first page. Nobody cares about, hmm, let me think of an example... God of War anymore, anyway.

P|Barnum said:
When is the RiP guild going to be tagged with "This guild has been around for a very long time"?
Probably never :mrgreen:
The has-been-around-for-a-very-long-time thing is relative. In other words, RiP might've been around longer than, for example, the Mushroom Kingdom, but the Blades of Urdual are like four years older. I might change the has-been-blah thing to "Guild was created on [date]" or something.
Problem with that is, I have no idea when some guilds were created, such as my own. The Blades of Urdual were created about six years ago, but it could be even more than that. Basically I have no idea.

RiP thread first page said:
Entrance:
» By invitation only. Potential members MUST be at least level 25. Though, the higher the level, the better.
RiP thread first page said:
Members:
☼ Crow - member - Lvl 23
...!

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Crow is level 25 now. Those aren't completely updated ;)

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
BoU was around in '02 for sure, but I can't really recall if we were around in '01. I like to think we were, but that is just too long ago to remember.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Nobody cares about, hmm, let me think of an example... God of War anymore, anyway.

I disagree, I think it gives a great example for new guild leaders of how to not run a guild.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I will most likely remove it from the list, but I won't delete the epic thread that is the God of War recruitment thread. I enjoy the massive lols that are in that thread.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Crow was definitely an exception when he joined.... Come on... It's Crow.

Main reasons why:
1. He is a dev.
2. Been in the community for a good long time.
3. Mapper (Ok, that was one of my reasons).

Also, about the date thing. I think there is a gap when talking about creation dates and guilds. There are the old guilds, then nothing for a while (as in, guilds would come up then die). Then guilds like RIP and tPoD came and have been here for almost two years. And its now nothing again, unless I am proved otherwise.