The end has come?

Meru

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
Hello together,

is this the end? After the EU and LA servers now the chicago servers are down too?
Is it only updating or something and will come back or will it disapear now like all the others?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Got Chicago back up. EU's been down awhile (need to confir with RKS about that), and LA, I suspect, is just gone. (Service was crappy and expensive.)

We have some new Asian servers but I can't get em in the browser list, as per usual. If yer in those parts try 220.133.6.210:27015.

I suspect something happened with Steam's master server, as the Chicago servers were indeed still running, and the other third party MSC servers that have been more or less constantly running (such as Anitalink and Modz) are no longer registering either. They will probably re-appear when they restart.

edit: As for Europe:
RKS.PY004 said:
The servers will come online when the licensing issue is resolved
We're having issues with the licensing of the server management software, apparently. Chicago we can reach manually though.

Himself

New Adventurer
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, all the servers that I could normally see are also all down right now, and have been for the last hour or so.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Displaying for me now... Dunno for how long though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...and all gone again - all somewhere within the lodagond series... (Last time I think they all were on Helena, so I dun think it's the map, so much as someone jumping from server to server in frustration.)

(Kicks servers in head.) Back up, for now.

Either there's a problem with the Steam master server, or we need to update, not sure. Kind of afraid to update - tends to lead to new problems.

PS. Be sure to check your favorites, or add them manually from yonder IPs. Seems they vanish from favorites less often.

PPS. RKS says he's been assured that the licensing issues keeping the EU servers down will be resolved by Friday. (And if not, we can start looking into alternatives, I suppose.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that RKS says the EU servers will be back starting tomorrow.

The bad news is that the Chicago servers are still going AWOL from Steam, despite still being up.

I've disconnected Chicago #2 (25016) from the admin panel and am running it manually in hopes that I can see what is up - if this fails to reveal anything, I'll update it and see what new horrors await.

edit: Bleh, seems it's related to the same licensing issues - without the admin service monitoring, they won't restart from crashes that include pop-ups.

edit2: Chicago #1 (27015) is running on my old restarter, for now. Should keep that server restarting, regardless of crash type, even if it's not as efficient or externally manageable.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Chicago RKS servers are back on the admin panel system, should stay up now. The EU and even the LA servers should be coming back shortly.

edit: May have been a little premature on that, but RKS is working on it as I type this.