3. Guild Populace
3.1. Rank Information
4. Guild media
4.1. The crest
4.2. Miscellaneous

================================================================

1. General information about the Blades
1.1. Introduction
Four ancient beings, the so-called Loreldians, oversee the world of Daragoth. These beings are Torkalath, the God of Chaos, Felewyn, the Goddess of Order, Urdual, the God of Balance, and Pathos, the God of Duality. The Blades of Urdual are a group of warriors who are devoted to Urdual and the ways of Balance. The Blades of Urdual always assist those who are being overthrown by their opposition. By doing this, Daragoth remains balanced. Balance through neutrality, that is the way of life for all the Blades of Urdual.

The Blades of Urdual have been around for years. Though the exact creation date of the guild is uncertain, it is believed to be somewhere in the year 2002. The Blades of Urdual have always been one of the biggest and most active guilds, and right now we certainly are one of the oldest guilds. Joining the Blades of Urdual can be very beneficial to your in-game experience, since the Blades help each other with beating maps, gaining XP and finding rare items. The Blades of Urdual also have a subforum, visible to Blades only, where useful information about certain things in-game is given (such as map walkthroughs, item locations, and more).

1.2. Guild rules
All Blades of Urdual must follow the guild rules. Blades who fail to follow a guild rule might be removed, depending on which guild rule they didn't follow.

The guild rules are:
  • Be accepting of others, regardless of race, gender or opinion.
  • Do not attempt to cheat or hack in order to aid yourself or anyone else.
  • Do not deliberately ruin anyone else's gaming experience through blocking, insults or micspam.
  • Do not steal from other people. This includes items in non-personalised reward chests.
  • Do not beg for items. If you have a particular item in mind, contact myself or the vice guildmaster and we will have a look in the guild bank.
  • Do not recruit for the Blades of Urdual in servers that belong to other guilds.
  • Do not distribute your guild crest amongst those who are not Blades.

1.3. Alliances
The Blades of Urdual are not allied with any guild at the moment because the last remaining guild that we were allied with no longer exists.

2. Joining the Blades
2.1. Application
Those who are serious about joining the Blades should carefully read this section.
If you want to join, you:
  • Must understand what the guild is about. (see 1.1.)
  • Must agree to follow the guild rules. (see 1.2.)
  • Must have a forum account.
  • Must post your application in this thread along with your current max. HP, max. mana and character level.

2.2. Trial
If you apply you will be put on a trial. During this trial at least one Blade of Urdual will join you in-game (likely multiple times) to determine what kind of person you are.This is so we can be sure that you are not a person who will damage the reputation of the guild.

2.3. Crest and private subforum access
If you pass the trial you will be allowed in the in-game BoU party. The guild leader will also grant you access to the hidden Blades of Urdual subforum. If you need a guild crest, contact me or the vice guildmaster and we will provide you with one.

2.4. Recruiting
All Blades of Urdual may recommend a new member to the guild leader, but only people in the Outer and Inner Circles of Urdual and Balance (see 3.4.) may recruit. A few select Blades, next to the guild leader, are entitled to give crests to new members.

3. Guild Populace
At the moment, we have 13 active Blades. The guild roster, as well as rank information, will be made available to you upon induction into the Guild.

3.1. Rank information
The Blades have a unique ranking system, devised by J-M many a year ago, which gives you a rank based on your HP, mana and overall character level. On top of this, there are also 6 Circles which represent how long you have been in the Guild. Your rank and circle will be assigned to you when you join.

4. Guild media
4.1. The crest
Ex-member Sabre remastered Belmont's version of the Blades of Urdual crest, bringing us to version 7.
Here you can see the skin:
BoU_crest_skin.png

And here is an in-game picture:
BoU_crest_ingame_small.jpg

4.2. Miscellaneous
Ex-member Alvar has remade the old Blades of Urdual avatar:
BoU_avatar.jpg
Link for people who want to use this as their avatar (right click, copy):
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/ ... avatar.jpg

Ex-member Sabre has made a BoU HUD replacement which looks like this:
BoU_hud_crest.png
Blades can download it here.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I've been checking the guild crest made by Ceriux out in-game and I want a few things edited. Here are some designs:
bou_crest_designs.JPG

The current crest has a flaw: The shield-shaped figure has our logo just "loose" in it. I want the logo to "fill" the shield-shaped figure (see the bottom left design). Also, the logo doesn't look very sharp on the crest, so instead of using those marble black and white colours I'd like to have just normal black and white colours. Last but not least, the shield-shaped figure should be a little higher because that just looks better.

There are multiple reasons I want to have the bottom left design as our guild crest. The black and white represent Chaos and Order ("evil" and "good") and the swords represent us keeping the Balance between Chaos and Order. The reason the rest of the crest is grey is simple: Balance is inbetween Chaos and Order, and grey is inbetween black and white. Grey is pretty much the universal Blades of Urdual colour. The swords must point down (like they do in the current crest) because we are not an agressive guild. We are a Balance-keeping guild.

Alternatively we could use the bottom right design but I don't really like it because it looks too much like a big chess board.

The top left design is a design ante_delonge suggested but I really don't agree with that design because black (Chaos) is a ruling colour in the crest. If we walk around in black crests like the top left one we will seem like a Chaos-following guild, and as you all know, we are a Balance-following guild.

Now I would like to hear some opinions on the crest designs. If you have your own crest design feel free to submit it, assuming it
- Has the black and white logo with the two swords pointing down
- Has some grey in it
- Doesn't have more black than white or more white than black

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Your reasoning is sound, so i like your idea, but i would also just like to say that black and gold would look badass 8) But your right it looks a bit evil. I would like it if i had a giuld ^^

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
i'll try to fix the image for your crest tonight or tomarrow, but i'm lacking photoshop atm, cuz i'm to slow at installing after reformat.. yah

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i could try and re-do it lol, but i use wally not photo-shop -.- even though i have it XD

Also here's an older crest i made... its not as good as the other i made but its still basically the same...

guildcreste.bmp.jpg

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just about to say: Don't use the red and gold theme because the CWoG guild has that.

Crow said:
black and gold would look badass 8)
Exactly, and that's not the face of the Blades, sorry.

Anyway, I'm hoping Ceriux can fix the few errors in the current crest (or Tradion?)...

stevenlafl

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Crow said:
Netrogor is the giuld server provider yes? Or one of them :| ? JM do you run this giulds server, because I met that dude in a server under the name of BoU and he was an admin and everything and i think he said it was his server, because he said someone helped him set up all his amx stuff.

Btw, i don't remember if i joined a guild around here or not :?
I was sure i did, but i cant find it anywhere.

I set it up for him.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Just so everybody knows: I edited my first post in this topic with pictures of our v2 guild crest (made by Journeyman Ceriux of Urdual) and I updated the member list.

Just recruited the eighth person to the guild today, so that's nine members in total now (including me). And I'm still recruiting :mrgreen:

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
About time that you guys get your own guild thread. In due time im sure.. :) Ten i guess would be good enough.

jack hawkins

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I havent looked at MS for a while but i am very happy to see that J-M has done such a good job. You see in the olden days BoU was one of the biggest guilds on MS. next to Valor and im sure the older members will know that.

But in fact i would still like to come back to BoU. But dont worry J-M you can still be the leader but maybe we can settle for a joint leader-ship?

Also my brother is a 3D artist and can make very good avatars so if you want me to get him to do one as an example that could be arrange.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
WitnessofGod means a guild board. The CWoG have a guild board that only CWoG members can see (click on Usergroups to find out who can see this board).

I do care about your other topic, but you just named it BoU. The full name of our guild sounds much better, and besides, all the guild info is in here. Also, the BoU topic you made became a guild crest discussion.

So I made this one 8)

jack hawkins

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
no no ante i did care its just that i had a problem with my account on this fourm but now it is sorted out, abd btw antie nice to talk to you again