The Blades of Urdual

Supercoke

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Re: The Blades of Urdual - 40 members

After thinking about it while on an orc_for run to get to 20 SC ( which I achieved :D )I'm going to try and come at this at a few angles:

Would you mind PMing me a list of the players who actually voted? (Not a who-voted-what list.) Some people would be tempted to say "ooo hes got a funny name *votes no*", when they haven't even seen me in-game. When I first posted my application, I literally only met 5 BoUs: Cartman, Stizz, Aznboi, Aische, and you, in that order. Cartman's vote should count as 50%, because he has know me longer than all of you combined(More than a year). I don't just feel it's right to have a player that I haven't even met drop in and vote me down because of ONE thing I screwed myself over by doing.

All I'm saying is:
1) The only one who actually has taken the time to get to know me and my personality is Cartman.
2) I did my best to right the wrongs I did before, after I was told they WERE wrongs.
3) I don't EVER recall actually playing with another BoU on a map during my "trial" phase where he/she could observe how I act and my overall attitude toward joining the guild.

PS: I don't want to see quote of my words written other than the way I have them written here, like what Tigerkev did. I take that as an insult and I will react accordingly. or i no be nice 2 u anymoar.

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Cartman shouldn't be allowed to vote then.

As your friend, he's obviously going to side with you, even if that means Shuffling some dirt under the carpet.
Either way, You were declined because members of the BoU didn't see fit for you to join.
Pretty sure it's unfair on them if you get a list of their names of "Who Voted Naw".

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

There's no way by default to see who voted in a poll in phpbb without either getting a mod or querying the database directly.

It's been pretty close to tied most of the time but was more for no at the time JM made his post, 5 for yes and 6 for no. I did vote yes in the poll, but J-M as the guild leader has the final say.

Tigerkev

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score

Supercoke said:
PS: I don't want to see quote of my words written other than the way I have them written here, like what Tigerkev did. I take that as an insult and I will react accordingly. or i no be nice 2 u anymoar.

Woot, are you saying bullshittys now? Show me where i did that, i never did edit anything in the quotes beside the "i vote we ban xxx from the community.." one

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

I voted yes, even though i was always in between both options because i never got to play with you, meaning i didn't have a clue who we were dealing with. The results were pretty much even in the poll.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

Supercoke, I don't have any methods to see who voted, let alone who voted what, but you didn't ask for this specific information. I can only assume that the people who replied to the poll voted. But I can't just hand out information like that.

But in response to your comments:
1) I spoke with cartman-2000. Suppose I'd offer you to join, a few weeks from now. Would you still be interested?
2) Discussing tactics, or even discussing which weapons are powerful, which items are good, which maps are easy to beat and/or which monsters give lots of XP leads to n... "rebalancing" of the game. This rebalancing is rarely a good thing for the players and therefore none of the above should ever be discussed in the public boards, anywhere, by anybody. In fact, these things should not even be discussed in RKS servers as the chat there is logged. I seriously hope you edited your post in time to remove the tactic you posted, assuming what I heard was correct (that you posted a tactic).
3) I'm pretty sure Trombone Man also played with you. I haven't been around much but I'll try from now on, if you'd still be interested in joining.

Also, Tigerkev isn't a Blade, so I'm not sure what his quote trickery has to do with anything.

@ Gorynych: If you were to recommend a Person X to the guild, would you not vote 'yes'? That being said, I'm actually sure cartman-2000 didn't just vote yes without thinking about it.

@ cartman-2000: I can't seem to find a way to see who voted, even though I'm a moderator in the BoU subforum. Not that it really matters, because I'm not going to share the information anyway - I've already received an objection.

@ Tigerkev: He's talking about your little gem of a post two pages ago. Let me clear something up. In order from bad to worst:
  • Bad: Quoting a person and altering the quote to make it seem like something potentially very useful was posted by the person you quoted.
  • Worse: Posting tactics or any other useful information in public boards.
  • Worst: Quoting a person (without modifying the quote) who posted tactics or other useful information.
What exactly did you do? Did you edit this post or did someone else?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

I think I'm just going to start nerfing stuff randomly, since all of BoU has been forbidden to post any "tactics" (read: "exploits").

If all these anti-developer guilds are going to keep cropping up, maybe I should make a pro-developer one... Hrmmm...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score

It's called Rest In Peace >_>

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

Thothie said:
I think I'm just going to start nerfing stuff randomly, since all of BoU has been forbidden to post any "tactics" (read: "exploits").
I haven't explicitely said that it's forbidden for Blades of Urdual, but I suppose I could add it to the guild rules, if you insist.

Tigerkev

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score

JM said:
@ Tigerkev: He's talking about your little gem of a post two pages ago.

Oh that one, yea i quoted him, freerad posted afterwards then i edited it, to make Toth have less work deleting/editing that stuff, which is also stated in it. So i didn't rewrite his words as he stated.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

The Man In Black said:
It's called Rest In Peace >_>

Rest in Peace has been resting in peace for an awfully long while now.

Maybe starting a guild that gave ranks and special in-game bonuses for reporting exploits and accurately reporting balance issues and/or contributing actual materials, while denouncing anti-developer guilds and activities.

J-M v2.5.5 said:
2) Discussing tactics, or even discussing which weapons are powerful, which items are good, which maps are easy to beat and/or which monsters give lots of XP leads to n... "rebalancing" of the game. This rebalancing is rarely a good thing for the players and therefore none of the above should ever be discussed in the public boards, anywhere, by anybody. In fact, these things should not even be discussed in RKS servers as the chat there is logged. I seriously hope you edited your post in time to remove the tactic you posted, assuming what I heard was correct (that you posted a tactic).
[...]
[*]Worse: Posting tactics or any other useful information in public boards.
[*]Worst: Quoting a person (without modifying the quote) who posted tactics or other useful information.[/list]

But yeah, this is advocating hiding stuff from the developers, suggesting it's absolutely necessary to get into the guild, if not to stay in it.

I suppose I could also just nerf the guild.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

Supercoke, I forgot to mention: Incase you're still interested in joining, beware that there's certain risks if you're a Blade of Urdual. See: The above post.

Supercoke

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I never thought something I would write here would get so much attention.

1) Sorry, but it just wouldn't feel comfortable joining right now. Not after all that.
2) I met Trombone shortly after my "trial" period got extended.
3) I really wasn't expecting you to give me a list like I had asked for, as I know that's wrong in every single way, nor is it an easy task to do such a thing.
4) I know J-M has the final say in what goes and what doesn't, I'm just saying that i PROBABLY never met half of the voters that actually voted against me. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
5) The way it was said in the post where J-M said he had a poll, made it sound like EVERYONE voted against me.
6) I DELETED my posts that had broken the rules, not just edited them.

I did not want to sound mean in my last 2 posts, flaming is the last thing I feel like doing right now.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Just getting pissy about the anti-devs as I already have a core dev member threatening to leave on the basis that I'm placating them by not making, what are viewed by some to be necessary, fundamental changes.

Suffice to say, hiding information from developers does not help the game, nor does the perceived animosity advocating such activity generates.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Thothie said:

If all these anti-developer guilds are going to keep cropping up, maybe I should make a pro-developer one... Hrmmm...

I'd say that most people(not just BoU members.) are afraid that something will get nerfed badly, and possibly make any sort of current balance problems even worse, which is the reason why people weary about saying anything.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Yes, because gods forbid that something overpowered be nerfed or an exploit get fixed, while we're all getting more and more powerful each and every patch.

Bad enough to have folks with that mentality playing the game, let alone posting in the forums.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Fine.... It's more fun to work against us than with us. I get that. We can play it that way, if that's what you really want.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

Thothie said:
Fine.... It's more fun to work against us than with us. I get that. We can play it that way, if that's what you really want.
This one time you said - in the public boards - something along the lines of:
"I use J-M as a sort of thermometer to figure out what needs rebalancing."

Rather than reply to this incredible dick move by simply not saying anything useful anymore, I figured I'd reply with an incredible dick move of myself: My recommendations on the previous page for the entire MS:C community.
Note that these aren't BoU guild rules - they're just suggestions.

At any rate, if you still feel the urge to threaten my entire guild because I try to get it into people's minds that they should not, amongst other things, post weapon comparisons, could you at least take it to the PMs? This thread is going places but I don't really like it.

I'd love to say "I don't care about your nonsense whatsoever" but since you're also threatening people who just so happen to be in my guild (THEY ARE ALL EVIL!!!1!) I simply can't...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Well, if community leaders don't want to be responsible with their forum comments or actions (or even take responsibility for them), I don't see why the developers should be any different, and this is the fourth such post you've made pleading with the populous to hide stuff from developers in this same month. That's more than enough to force me to do something about it.

This is more of the same tired old crap where you try to rally up the community against the devs flying the banner of "Fight the devs or they'll nerf us!", and it's just getting really played out. I'm tired of bending to this sort of terrorist/tantrum tactic, at the expense of the game, and the rest of the remaining devs are tired of it as well.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Thothie said:
Yes, because gods forbid that something overpowered be nerfed or an exploit get fixed, while we're all getting more and more powerful each and every patch.

Bad enough to have folks with that mentality playing the game, let alone posting in the forums.

In terms of overpowered weapons it may be better to do a gradual nerf over a period of several patches instead of doing major ones, it would give people that "don't like change" in their weapons some time to re-adjust to it. Most of the ones, that I've seen, that are noticable to other people are ones that are major nerfs(hxbow for instance.), that have the weapon become on the order of 2 or more times weaker then it was previously, either in terms of per hit power or damage output over a period of time. And better care should be taken in the balance of the nerfed weapon compared to others in the same category of weapons, like if one is nerfed then another might need to be buffed, To keep weapons form having out of order or reversed power boosts/outputs compared to a weapon in that category at a lower level tier. This is just some of my thoughts and opinions on the weapon nerfs I've seen in MSC.

franky200

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score

I wish to join BoU. I agree to all rules and I will follow them. I understand the consequences that would happen if I do break the rules.

If you want to know my stats:

HP:609
MP:320

Swordsmanship: 24
Axe Handling: 18
Small Arms: 18
Blunt Arms: 28
Spell Casting: 18
Martial Arts: 21
Pole Arms: 18
Archery: 25

I hope I can join! Thank you!