Suggestion Thread

Taco John

New Adventurer
Reaction score
instead of making a whole new thread for one little thing...i'll just add it to the end of the suggestion thread.

Is there ever going to be a list of IG quests/quest items where we can see the associated map? I don't care SO MUCH about how to do x quest or how hard it's going to be...but a way to find out where I need to go to get a new weapon would really be nice.

I don't play this game quite enough that I know dungeons inside and out or anything, but just some hint as to what place I need to go to to get the next best sword or axe or hammer would be a big help. I know much of it comes from lucky chest drops, but certainly there are dungeons which drop specific items. I've been using an ice sword since just before I could actually use it and just got a hoarfrost sword last night because Cornholio was nice enough to let me have it after spending an hour killing the boss monster (he was leveling up another skill, so doing less dmg).

I've been using Gladiator armor since level 9 or so (21 now, which has taken a couple months) and I have absolutely no clue what to do to get Gold armor, or even if I can get it yet.

It also seems like all the items are for groups only...but there are only 20 or 30 people that seem to play this game on a regular basis, and you'll be hard-pressed to find more than 15 on at any given time. A few decent items each patch that can be had by solo'ing a dungeon would be excellent (even if it was hard to solo, just give us a chance). I mean...the hoarfrost sword is for a 20 proficiency in swordsmanship, yet I had to have a lvl 50 and a lvl 36 kill the boss and decide they didn't want it so that I could have it....Why such a hard quest for such a low req?

thanks for reading if you do.

-Archriker

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Good point. Well firstly then, I suggest that you [hint]travel around the world[/hint]. :wink:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Informing everyone of where a quest is and how to start it takes away from the exploration of the game.

And if truly good items are soloable they flood the market.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I was thinking about adding a whole lot more of conversation skills to the NPCs, who then would be able to tell the nublets about various places.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
BUMP.

I forgot all about this thread until now, so I figured I would use it again. Updated the front page and all that

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Being able to sacrifice high level artifact items for experience would be nice to encourage old players to go to maps where the reward is more heavily weighted towards items (They tend to be prettier too! :p ) than experience, though it'd need some limitations to avoid exploits.

Experience given would be balanced to make running rare item maps give around the same as running an optimal exp map time-wise, so that it would not increase the soft level cap.

Experience given would be also be determined by item rarity/how difficult it is to run the map, so common artifact items would give very little, if any experience.

You would need to be able to use the item, and perhaps even exceed the requirement by a few levels, so no power leveling.

You can not sacrifice more than X amount of the same item every 24 hours.

Alternatively, give diminishing returns that reset every 24 hours, or both.

(If possible) You cannot sacrifice items that you did not get from an artifact chest/chest yourself.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
NEW-Weather/effects: I wanted to mostly know your opinions on this one.

I think the fog and time of day shouldn't be changeable. I can understand the weather because that can become annoying. But during a boss-fight and the black fog was activated, it probably happened to limit your view and make the fight more "epic." Not to mention add atmosphere

Since the night time was, I guess you can say fixed (Light sources actually improve your vision), there's no reason to have the option to turn it off; client-sided or not. (Seeing everyone turn on their glow because it's getting dark would make me feel more like I'm playing with other players rather than just rushing through another map just to get to the end.)
YES! I agree with this wholeheartedly. There is too much potential to enhance gameplay using the day/night and weather systems to leave them as just pointless visual effects. Make the environmental conditions spawn new npcs and monsters, open new quests, and potentially effect combat. If it's raining it'd be awesome if lightning was made more powerful. (Especially if there were maps with a chance to spawn enemies with lightning attacks every time it rained)