Sneak Attack Dagger

StrikerAY

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have an idea for how to make a dagger that can work like a sneak attack dagger without actually having it check to see if you at the enemies back. Rather than attacking the back, which sometimes is impossible as enemies spin at sonic speeds, the weapon simply charges up for a single attack with super high damage. The part of the weapon that makes it a sneak attack is that it will drop the charge if you are attacked, similar to rejuvenation. This way you have to sneak the attack in as to not be interrupted.

Srgnt Rehab

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I like the part where you attack the weak point for massive damage.
Yeah, this seems like a good idea, I hope the scripting is easy.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. I'd also like to see it have a % chance to poison enemies on hit.

Also, what if the charge was based on a rate of stamina drain? As you held the charge your stamina would drain making it harder to avoid attacks. However, the players attack damage would increase as stamina was drained making it a risky but rewarding weapon that requires actual skill to use.

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
I've cooked up a way to abuse this then;

Person A, Person B(with the sneak attack thingy)

Person A holds aggro and such, while Person B madly gets massive damage sneak attacks in.

You may want to include a hefty cooldown on it :p

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
I'd also like to see it have a % chance to poison enemies on hit.

There is already a dagger that does that. I don't see why a Rusty Dagger, or even a Perfect Finely Crafted Knife would just randomly have poison on it, unless said poison could be applied(which is something else entirely).

Although I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement a system like this, most daggers already have a special charge to them as well that does quite a bit of damage, just over time.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Making a weapon drop charge when you're attacked would take too much hackiness for me to want to do it for just this weapon >_>

StrikerAY

New Adventurer
Reaction score
jon50559 said:
I've cooked up a way to abuse this then;

Person A, Person B(with the sneak attack thingy)

Person A holds aggro and such, while Person B madly gets massive damage sneak attacks in.

You may want to include a hefty cooldown on it :p

That was the point of it. It's an ability that would be really hard to use alone. Given good teamwork two people could deal a great deal of damage using Person B's sneak attack dagger and Person A's tanking.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sneak Attack was one of the Offensive Title Features I had in mind for certain Titles. It'd just cause additional damage whenever using the double damage charge on a creature not facing you (eg. usually meaning it is being tank taunted). There's already script functions for all of that.