Rollback Needed - Ticket Glitched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaloko

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Time: Aug 21, 2009 12:00PM GMT+1 (I believe this would be the newest safe one)
Steam id: STEAM_0:0:145878
Character name: Zaloko
Slot: 1

Reason: I was in Helena changing tickets to train other weapons. I had ticketed maybe 3-4 items when I tried doing a light crossbow(the quest reward on the mines map). When I clicked the npc to redeem ticket it showed two random options on top instead of the name of the crossbow. It just showed two 0's as options to pick. When I left the npc chat all my items in my heavy backpack and weapons strap had vanished. Also my armor vanished as well. I don't think it was an overflow issue though as I was at around 54-58 items. This all happened at around 5:50pm GMT+1 (horrible luck huh?)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Could you please send me a copy of this guy's current character before you restore it?

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Should come with the package you get in like 3 hours.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Let me know when you checked it

Zaloko

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and good luck in figuring out this nasty glitch. I'm at a loss though at the moment. Is it safe to check to see if my character has been restored to a previous backup? Or would that cause my messed up character file to be re-saved into another backup slot because of it having a new time stamp or something like that. I did check a little while after Mikkel's first post, I hope that didn't mess anything up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, he simply restores your character to its previous state, it doesn't appear in a new slot or any such.

BTW Mikkel - I hope you made a backup of his glitched character, because I can't seem to find a glitched version of it in the daily archive, and I'd really like to diagnose whatever may have happened there.

Zaloko

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks Thothie, I had guessed it would still be in the same character slot.

Well, I tried getting on just now to check the character and it doesn't seem to have been rolledback yet. I'm worried that a good backup file might have been overwritten by now with the messed up character file. Mikkel, would you tell me if there is still a file stored somewhere of my character with all his items intact?

Also I'd be glad to help if you need to know anything else in trying to figure out about what went wrong. I looked again and it seems that the items inside my bag/quiver/spellbook were all still there. Also my shield and ring are still there. Just the ticket in my hand, items in backpack, items in weapons strap, armor, and helm seem to have vanished.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Rollback done.
PM Sent to Thothie.

Zaloko

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks Mikkel, everything looks to be in good shape now.

Status
Not open for further replies.