Robotic Rights

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Surely you have all heard of the Bicentennial Man by Isaac Asimov, correct? The book asks the question "If robotics reaches the point where AI would be intelligent enough to be equivalent to that of human intelligence, should robots deserve the same rights as humans?"

Discuss.

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
I think yes, because technicaly every human works the same like a robot/AI - It's just made of flesh and uses different methods for information input and processing, everything we do is controlled by hormones, electric signals and we self-develop our own personality(situation-handling-scripts :wink:) over the years and fill our database/memory with data.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
If humanity has a future, i can totally see it being based on that. Imagine everyone replaced with robots who have no feelings, it would be perfect... Humanity right now is selfish, dumb and hopeless, so best to put my hopes on science rather than on humans. And i can also see our total annihilation coming from that as we will eventually kill ourselves for acting so stupid with the stuff we do.