[Reskin] Misc Models.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Those damned orcs are near impossible to reskin because they are made up of like 50 tiny little textures. Be a big help if someone could figure a way to merge the textures into a single panel, so there'd be some predictability in regards to how they come together.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Yeah in one piece

Kraden

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
How did you do this?

Having no experience making skins, but in using them, I'm going to make a guess.

You smoothed the textures out and made a UV map. Then I think that you raised the resolution of the texture.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
My experience is that you can generally raise the resolution of a texture without issue, if you keep the same ratio. Just use the original texture as a template or reference layer, and stretch it to fit your new one.

The down side, is you can't simply decompile a model or export a texture with JHLMV and hope to have the right texture sizes. Textures get clipped when they compile, so new textures created this way won't necessarily match the source model's texture dimensions, which can also prevent this method from working.

As such, any textures created this way have to be re-oriented into the original model by our dev staff, and thus we're very reluctant to take any such decompiled textures lest they are really good, as that involves some work.