[Release] The Axe of Chaos

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

The Axe is now ready, it doesn't have the super shadowy effect that I wanted after the texture downgrade, but it looks ok. I will work a few more weapons first and if I get some good ideas i'll return to this axe and implement it.

I found a crappy file host to hold the zip file, be careful not to click on the wrong download button -.-, the gray one in the middle is the real one (unless they change it all the time, beware!)
http://www.filedropper.com/release_2

The video is still processing, I failed at making good screenshots with my app and from the screenshot button ingame lol..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSNqyWJdeSo&feature=youtu.be it should be ready soon

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Re: [WIP] I heard you like the Axe of Balance..

tumblr_inline_mke50wEBwB1qz4rgp.gif

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score

Possibly has a random elemental DoT? Possibly similar mechanics to how the ravens mace works? (Random damage, although it should have a specific range)

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

I had some feedbacks about the teeths and agreed it needed to be redone, the new version is starting to look very very nice. I usually use a reference picture to model from but this time it's from scratch based on a tatoo I saw, the new mesh is almost done and I'll be playing around with the final textures soon

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Actually going to sleep early tonight, this is closer to what I had in mind. I Redid the bottom part of the axe and changed the shape of the top blades.

I was thinking about leaving the top part of the axe just float on top of a magic orb or something like that, I like Lucifer's idea of a random elemtan DoT. is it alot of trouble thothie if I add a few different kind of orbs so the game could randomly switch between the dot being applied next, if we end up going that direction?

Spoiler (damn I suck at texture work, I spent most of my time playing around with them)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Zuuw_YvEc&feature=youtu.be

Edit: I'm actually going back to a early version closer to the first videon on top, only crazy people don't change their minds >.<

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Where are the feedbacks.. o_O

Alright.. So I scrapped the last versions I linked a few days ago and when back to the first idea. I tried tons and tons of textures to get my dark/shadow metal theme I wanted without success, so I decided to just take a picture of the blade, open it in paint shop pro and let me say.. this is starting to look like something worthy...

Heres an update on the blade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Pwo7APkso&feature=youtu.be
I need those ideas/comments coming, don't be shy. I never made a model like this without a reference picture even less create custom textures and i'm still not sure which direction to take for the handle

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Truewarrior said:
Where are the feedbacks.. o_O
NGNL-Jibril-drool.jpg
There's only so many appropriate PG-rated reaction images I can find.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Re: [WIP] The Axe of Chaos

mmm, I am having trouble decompling a p_weapons model to go check it out in game, even decompiling and trying to recompile without any changes doesn't work... that's weird. (Yes I am at the point that I need to go see how it looks in game!)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Try it on p_weapons4.mdl - the other three are all maxed out, and likely wont compile with more textures.

The viewmodel you want is probably models/viewmodels/v_2haxesgreat.mdl

Also, just pretend I posted another drooling anime girl here.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

I forgot about having to make sure my textures with 256 colors.. downgraded everything with paint and it works in game but looks like crap. I remember finding a good app years ago that used to convert to 8 bit and still do a great job.. time to browse the net, forgot the name tho >.<

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Truewarrior said:
I forgot about having to make sure my textures with 256 colors.. downgraded everything with paint and it works in game but looks like crap. I remember finding a good app years ago that used to convert to 8 bit and still do a great job.. time to browse the net, forgot the name tho >.<
http://www.irfanview.com/ does an okay job, and is quick and free.

I use Photoshop when I want a real high quality job, but given that your texture doesn't look like it has a very wide range, Irfanview should do fine. Dun really need Photoshop until you get into rainbows.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Thanks, irfanview did a great job. did the textures changes and went to see in game how it looks. and it no longer looks like a purple stick of deformed pixels! I have my R and Floor model compiled in their respective .mdl and included the V straight into the v_2haxesgreat.mdl.

Both my milkshape and studiomdl compilers are unable to recompile any of the p_weapons files even without any changes, i'm having a lot of trouble trying to make these works, I want to see how it looks like in 3rd person and on the floor in game first

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

The model is nothing short of stunning if you ask me and the skin is also very nice, but maybe it shouldn't cover the entire model. The whole thing feels a bit 'too blue' to me. Hard to put my finger on it.

Still though, awesome work thusfar!

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
thanks for the sauce and both tools, it worked great! see the first post for release details

The Axe is now ready, it doesn't have the super shadowy effect that I wanted after the texture downgrade, but it looks ok. I will work a few more weapons first and if I get some good ideas i'll return to this axe and implement it.

I found a crappy file host to hold the zip file, be careful not to click on the wrong download button -.-, the gray one in the middle is the real one (unless they change it all the time, beware!)
http://www.filedropper.com/release_2