[REQ] Voice Acting

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Haha, fantastic. I'm at university at the moment so I won't be able to record any more for a little while - I hope everything'll suffice in the mean time. I'll do the action noises for Forsuth etc. when I'm home for Christmas. :)

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Bump - I have free time at the moment. I've been experimenting with post-processing and I'm up for doing some evil voices if you need any. There's a couple of Undamael ones in my last post!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ehh... Jeeeze... Can't keep up with ye. ;) I just finished plugging in all the Maldora's last month, and still not tested them all.

Undamael's gonna be a bit sticky, since he's going to have to use something other than the standard sound emitter to talk - probably a client side sound with what the script system refers to as the "weather channel" to be heard everywhere. He's so large, that if the sound emits from his base, you probably wouldn't hear it.

So that leaves... Meh, just the orcs and the ogre, which probably wouldn't favor your post-processing so much. Hrmmm... :\

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh wait... Now that I think of it (and noticed how close your Maldora's laugh is to Calrian's), Calrian and his brother have some lines, but they are built into the map, rather than the script system... Hrmmm... I'll get them out - just not sure how exactly to apply them without sticking Calruin2 back into the dern betapack.

Cal eats your soul:
"Not even death can save you from me!"
(if he eats an ice wall): "Mmmmmmm... Ice cream!"

Cal falls on his face:
"You're too late! ... My brother is already here!"

This last bit maybe defunked, as I don't think you can fail this (map side):
"You failed to destroy my brother's tomb - so he will rise yet again!"
"Not that you'll be alive to see it!"

Cal comes back for a chat (map side):
"You're too late! The portal is complete!"
"Soon my brother and his army will come forth and destroy you all!"

Optional, for the easter egg (map side):
"Welcome! To Disco Hell!"

...and I guess Garonhroth doesn't have any lines after all, but he sits there drumming long enough that you can be creative for once and setup an intro and death chat, if you wish - or maybe even in-combat lines for the equally silent Sir Geric. Hell, either one or both can do a litany in combat, if you're really in the mood, they both last long enough.

Also, I'm not sure if you added cue points to these files, or if I somehow did it during conversion - but don't do that! Makes the entries loop in game. ><

...and looking back to Undamael... Blarg - the text lines in the big-bag-o-text file are actually from the older giant-skeleton Undamael... The new one doesn't talk... So, er, you can either recycle these voices for the brothers, or I can maybe add some voice in - though the "fools what have you done!?" line, I dunno, cuz, unlike the old one, it's not as if you do something to make him vulnerable mid-combat, or otherwise make that remark. :\

ShadowGrrl

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi all. I have done the voice lines for Ryza, hopefully it's acceptable. :)

I recorded in audacity and cut all voice lines up into separate wav files and exported each one from audacity. I didn't do anything else to them apart from EQ some pops away.
There is a RyzaLines.txt in the zip file with each line and a number corresponding to each file.

Shared on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a06vxattv12bqsc/RyzaVoice.zip?dl=0
I couldn't upload the 10mb zip to this post unfortunately.

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Hi all. I have done the voice lines for Ryza, hopefully it's acceptable. :)

Incredible! That's a very large contribution! Oyster maps here and there, does quests. He's showing me Greatguys1/Rex's scripted questing system at the moment. Having a voice actor is all the merrier!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Excellent! Will require some cleanup/conversion, but I'll see about adding these, just as soon as I escape this expo nightmare.