Questions about felewyn shard

Cokecola

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Does my felewyn shard still gets replaced by holy blade even if I put it inside the galat chest?

Yes, I know I shouldn't be asking for more.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...Yes.

The script itself has been replaced. So, like with most games, when an item is modified, all instances of the item will be modified, regardless of location or storage.

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I never really got the point of the felewyn shard and why people seem to like it so much, to me its just another weapon...

Also congratz on the new avatar Thothie, it really fits the thread. Shame you can't have thread specific avatars. :oldlol:

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Hrmm... I'll think about it. The Rune Shield doesn't work well on undead, for they are fairly cold resistant, and thus unlikely to be slowed by cold effects.

I get that this isn't a suggestion thread, but would it be possible to give the demon shield a taunt of some sort instead of the fire breath? The demon shield is the highest level shield in the game (i think) and the special ability it has is completely useless for a shield user. Why would I want to push enemies away from me if I'm tanking them for other people? I don't know if it's possible, but if you could taunt enemies into attacking you with it, it might actually turn into an incredibly useful utility item.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well, the problem with that ability is that it can be used in dragon axe already... It kinda works when you get in tight spots in some maps, but when that happens i just go rape/strategic mode and clear the way anyways. So yeah, for a high level shield, it's kinda useless. I hope it gets buffed, your suggestion sounds ok but that could possibly make your character a dummy for npcs, not sure how that would be usefull towards a warzone situation which is frequent in most high level maps, luring everyone to you could be bad but it can be usefull to save someone's skin i guess by taking aggro as they try to recover HP. Not to mention, enemies seem to enjoy hitting the player that is closest to them, so you know what that means towards this "passive ability" you suggested.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, it's not as if you can have the dragon axe and a shield up at the same time... But, meh...

Most mobs are 75% likely to change targets to the player that most recently attacked them, more so, if said player is closer than their current target, or doing more damage, so generally, the flame breath alone would be enough to get every mob in your FOV to switch agro to you... However, a shield that just caused a taunting roar, that caused every mob in the area to target you, and disable their retaliate function against others for a time, *might* be feasible, if some tank really wanted such a thing. A few "light AI" mobs would be immune to it, but most would respond properly. Really, I think that'd be worth a separate shield though. This one is fairly easy to reskin (and has in fact been reskinned quite a bit from the original already.)