Possible Server Expansions...

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks to Afterlife, I have saved lots of money by cancelling the EU expansion plans (Poland, or other EU East). Now instead, I am debating opening up servers in Australia. Any Aussies in here? Server will be located in Melbourne or Sydney if I decide to go through with this.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Occasionally there are quite a few Taiwanese players active so you might want to consider opening up a few servers in (Eastern) Asia instead, if at all possible.

Then again, Australian servers would already be a vast improvement over any other currently active RKS & Afterlife servers for Taiwanese players, given the relatively low distance between the countries (as opposed to, say, Taiwan-USA distance).

• Admin

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bandwidth in Asian countries are prohibitively expensive.

Instead of putting money adding additional coverage so far away, I am leaning towards focusing on increasing coverage in North America. Perhaps move the Montreal server to Washington DC (when OVH launches their US East datacenter) to increase coverage on the South East US.

As for the west coast, I have no idea where OVH's west coast datacenter is going to be. Probably in CA. If that's the case, depending on how many people are in WA, I might justify a Seattle server. And finally perhaps add a TX server at Limestone Networks or something to cover that hole up.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I know of a couple Aussie players who would be happy about an Australian server.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Aussie servers may do a better job at covering Asia.

They also, incidentally, have a very good ping to large parts of west coast US, thanks to the NORAD line.

• Admin

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got it. Shall discuss this with my admins.