plz unlock my char,

Acehigh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ok heres my story, i been playing my char for like 3 weeks and love this mod so much, and i worked so hard on him, then i did some surfing i heared this easylevel map thing but if u go on it bans you from what i hear, so i made a LAN server, i ment to make it lan and it shows up u counnted to fuznet what ever and i cant get my char at all and not even looked at the map, cos it blocked my char saying steam id pennding for my char name, plz unlock my char i only wanted to see the map and what its like i did it on a lan server, plus i never even seen or land a foot on the map, plz unblock him i worked so hard,

i left it about 8 weeks cos i did not no u guys had a forum, so plz i love this game and i cant even play at all now, every char i make it says steam id pennding,

my char name was acehigh144 or acehigh im not sure, plz help

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
name, slot number, steam id

Acehigh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
acehigh144 or acehigh slot 1 STEAM_0:0:436453

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
The character appears to be corrupted. It looks like based on prior backups this occured around 8/21. I'm not sure if we have any backups from around then because the prior ones do not have you listed.

No guarantees on this, unless we happen to have backups for it.

EDIT: Just looked into it, but due to the long time delay we just don't have any backups from 8/21 prior.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The oldest complete backups we have are 8/31, I think. I have a partial backup from around July on my personal server, but that ID isn't in it.

Some mappers have been using old FN archives for testing - maybe one of them has an FN archive from around mid August? I think Avzool was using one to test ms_snow at around that time, anyone know where he went off to?

Acehigh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
so that means i will not get my char back ,,,,,,, will can u guys at least let me make a new one ? thanks for your help so far

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just delete your current one, should fix it. Make sure your Steam_ID is resolved (type Status in console and make sure STEAM_ID_PENDING isn't your ID)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hehehe; Acehigh thought he got banned for cheating... admitted to checking the map out (so what about that? LAN server = on our own computers = our call, but cheat on FN and your a dead man!!!) :D

EDIT:
Point of this post ---
Was awesome of you to step forward ace, admitting that you check out the map; don't worry about checking it out in LAN though (just make sure it REALLY IS LAN).

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
not in my records... i had back ups as well for testing but i guess i got them too late.. or something

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Hmmm....Squirrel should have some ones from back then when we were working with maps and such. We never overwrited the ZIP files, just kept an archive >_>

Acehigh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ok i del the char in slot one, and my steam id is fine it dont show up with steam id pen, thanks for your guy so far guys, i dont see the point in lying, i just really wanted to see what its like, i really thought it was on a lan server

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
dunno if i have ones from that long ago...*checks*

nope. none of my archives have that steamid in them at all =\

Acehigh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
so that means no char and no way or the char comming back ?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Fraid you gotta start over. :(

If it's any consolation, you've inspired us to setup a "[FN] Character Restore" link on the front page, so those who are forum-paranoid can make character restore requests. (Hope they can figure out what that is.)

Acehigh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well i least i did some thing with my life no i can rip, yeah but thanks for your help and the mod is great and i love the music in it its really good,