Not a Supported Archive?

Amrmentesh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I need help, when ever i go to unzip it it gives my this error message " C:(anywhere i put it) is not supported archive" what is my problem?

scottusa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
umm... It is a self extracter... Do not attempt too manually unzip the file...

Do this... Or rather, please try this...

Just download the file... And double click on it... And then when it asks you "where do you wish too extract the files too" (or something like that)

Choose this folder (with steam actually closed)

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\{email address will be here}\half-life

And it should work just fine...

(you also might want too download the patch located here http://www.msremake.com/patches.php -> It will be the Version 1.01 testing.. And the SC.dll and MS.dll... The client.DLL is an actual update, however some servers may not be running this particular one... So please please backup the dll's you actually replace so you can use them in the "just in case" situation...)

NOTE.. Steam must be closed in order for it too work right, and also I am using a Half Life 1 account, so I do not know exactly what the file locations for a Half Life 2 account would be, but I hear it should be the same...

Amrmentesh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thx for the help, i found out my problem, you have to close steam befor you try to unzip just ONCE :evil: or else it will not work at all even after you close steam