New player overflowing

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, on a fresh install of both Windows and Steam, first thing I notice is that the installer can no longer find Half-Life.

Seems Steam no longer registers ModInstallPath. Well, sh*t.

I suppose we can find it by SteamPath from here on...

...and I had to install the betapack twice, for some damned reason (this laptop is a bit slow, think it didn't release the handles from the main installer quickly enough).

But after that it worked.

...and copied your chars over mine again...

...and they worked.

So... Fuck if I know. :\

Make sure your msc\cl_dll\client.dll modified date is September 2013.

...Same with the dlls in msc\dlls...

vint1991

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh well i give up. There is no logic, it just happens. Thanks for help and patience.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, I'd comb through this thread and double check everything.

What it's acting like, is as if it's getting bogus net settings or entity synchronization issues. So the most likely causes are corrupt DLL's, or bad Steam registration (usually caused by corrupt .Blob files). So, again, check the dates on all the DLLs, and until you can get access to another system, maybe try going over everything in the thread once again. Maybe even try downloading MSC from one of the other RKS links on the downloads page. Cuz your characters are fine - something's up with either MSC, Steam, the OS, or the hardware. ...or maybe Gabe Newell feels he hasn't gotten a proper allocation of babies to eat from you.

If ya have another system in the house that can handle MSC (even if only barely), ya might try installing it on that, and seeing if it can help ya track down issues.

%windir%\system32\msinfo32.exe
^ Ya can run that, save the nfo file, and post it up somewhere. Once in a great while it has some useful tidbit, but it's certainly the last resort of the damned.

vint1991

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Been there yesterday to check if my chars are still broken but suddenly both logged in fine and i even got one to level 13 with other players. It wasnt my fix or something, i never touched client and half-life since that time, and suddenly everything works.
327325.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
santaHeader.png

Albeit, Valve had an update between then and now. B-but... You have to BELIEVE!