New Forums

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the new MSremake.com forums!

Due to unfortunate and unavoidable reasons, we have had to migrate the forum software from phpBB to XenForo. The migration should have successfully imported all content from the previous forums except for the content from the past few days.

Permissions however are a different story and they had to be generated from scratch. As a result, you may notice that your permissions are set incorrectly. If that is the case, please send me a pm (conversation) and I shall try to fix it for you.

I would greatly appreciate it if you guys would provide feedback and suggestions regarding this forum software by replying to this thread. It will help to try to improve the site and make the transition better.

Thank You!

PS Expect sporadic downtime lasting a few minutes at most while we configure this forum.

PPS Those who can't log on, use password recovery!

Last edited:

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Awesome work. Some of these brighter background images are kind of taxing on the eyes, I think. Is there any way some of these could be replaced or maybe have the images only change when you change pages or something so it's less distracting?

• Admin

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Image change times were shortened intentionally for testing purposes. It's been put to the default values now. The background images are mostly temporary place holders until we can get more.

Thanks for the feedback.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The background images are a nice addition. Tbh, the entire change looks good to me, it nearly feels like the game itself just got patched. Except, not really!

So yeah, good stuff.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Seriously impressed with what you did with the forum migration theme! I got scared to death when the test forum had such a generic blue look to it that it gave me 80's store-brand flashbacks.

In regards to an actual patch, hopefully everyone I was chatting with manages to re-register right quick.

(Hrmm... gotta change my
spoiler
colors.) ...Oh wow, actual spoiler tag.

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
This is actually, quite fortunately.. The style of forums gaming groups and people tend to use, it's like the style now.. and Nice work actually, but I can't decide which is better.. but this is although really great!

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you all approve. Let me know of any issues! Thanks.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Love the new forums :eek:
I find it a bit difficult to navigate topics given that I'm used to the old forum layout. The "Downloads" under the "General Forums" seems a bit pointless when there's already a tab for it.
I'm real glad all the old posts made it over; a lot of history was saved. I really appreciate everything you've done to keep MSC alive!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh, you can see that? Hrmmm... It used to be a admin only section used to add downloads to the front page, but I don't think that functionality works anymore. Guess maybe we should axe it.

Then again, now it seems to go to a nicely organized little page, that could be easily referenced as a forum post to boot... So... Maybe it should just have its own section so as to better separate it from the other forums.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I deleted the old download forum since we had no use for it. I added that link to the download page because the default theme had very difficult to see download link. That was just meant to increase visibility until we got ourselves a better theme. With that accomplished, I think it's safe to delete it now. Your call on that Thothie.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I suppose that download link at the top is sufficient, so we can axe it. Makes it look like there's new posts where there aren't any, as it is now.

I also suppose I should eventually do something about that title text logo in the upper left corner... That old metallic beveled raspitna font with a sword running through it has kinda become our unofficial letterhead. I'm sure my photoshop skills haven't decayed so badly I can't come up with something a bit less NASAlization but still legible. The only other theme-wise tweak I see I'd like to make is those generic status icons to the left of each forum section, but after inspecting them, I think they are actually a font, so there maybe nadda I can do.

Also seems I need to cook up a new avatar... And signature.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Download link removed.

Agreed that the top left logo is the weak point. Let me know when you manage to create a better one.

The status logos are using image sprites to speed up loading. It can be changed, but I would just leave what's already on there in place. It would be hassle trying to make those work.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I love it, thanks for the new forums =)

Kermit

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSR Developer
Reaction score
looks cool :)

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you Truewarrior and Kermit.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
a03baa7476d2c70dd902de763d1a6397.png
Could we get a little icon like we had in the old forum?

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Mine disappeared after the forum move :(

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Still have mine... Gawds, been so long since I've done any HTML coding, I can't recall how that's done - but I assume it's part of the style sheet, these days.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Someone make me an icon 64x64 pixels and I'll put it up. Send the old one was deleted during the forum transfer. Worst case we can just use that again.