My second model

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
So... about 5 months after the failure of my first attempt at modeling I gave it another shot today. I made an axe, but the best part is... I actually compiled a model with arms and animations with a link and everything!

axe3hm9.png

Its only 330 polys.

axe2uw5.png

axe1xs2.png

If Thothie wants to implement this ingame tell me what you need besides just the rview, until then its just an optional replacement for a great axe or golden axe or something.

Download:
http://files.filefront.com/newaxe_rview ... einfo.html

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
looks like a guitar axe. wouldnt mind haveing it in game though

and failure from the first attempt? remember this, there is no failure in any attempt because an attempt is progress, and progress is good. Tutorials and practice got me to where I am with mapping, modelling and animation. never think you did wrong because some people said you did.

but thats just me.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i think what it needs to be put ingame is the...

in right hand of player (3rd person) model
in left hand of player (3rd person) model
first person model
on ground model

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Decompile msc/models/weapons/axes/p_axes.mdl and you'll get the idear. (Also be nice to have a link that wasn't constantly in maintenance).

It'd also be VERY nice to have it in the proper set of hands.

...granted, flaw with that being, I don't think we actually have a proper two-handed axe viewmodel. But if you can adapt the msc/weapons/swords/longsword_rview.mdl - it'd be better than using the old MS 1.35 models we're trying so hard to phase out.

You know - you COULD put up a link for that tutorial sword you made. :p

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Didn't somebody else already post the link to that? When they were trying to insult Shuriken about his sword??

EDIT:
BTW, that axe looks pretty nice... perhaps Thothie could implement it as a Two-Handed Axe enchanted with Fire??

EDIT2:
Hmm... two edits within thirty seconds :D

Anyways, my next thought is... it could become a Chaos Axe (of the sorts)... and be extra effective vs living opponents, and do zero (0) dmg to undead (so it is the opposite of the Golden Axe) :D

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie, if you can't get a list of what is to be put in and what is not, I'm giving up on weapon consolidation. There's just too damn much content being made for me to worry about. From now on, you send me what is going to be added, else it doesn't get in.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just put in everything you can find and I'll point the scripts to the right model and submodels - developing a central script just for that.

If that's too ambiguous for ye, just get me player models of all the models lacking them (such as this, and the firebane), and I'll stick em in there myself. Hopefully I dun miss any.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Too late, made a post telling them to direct them at you. :oops:
I can't do much right now, lotta schoolwork piled on.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well send me whatever ya got so far, since it seems I'm on my own now.