My character has rolled back by itself.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I have been farming for hours with various people, a lot of BoU. We were trying different servers as Thothie's kept crashing and Replica's doesn't change map. So I hosted my listen server with the correct (or what Blasto told me a few months ago) was correct for FN (Never had problems in the past)... And people connected and we went to continue as normal.

I then pressed F4 to get out my Dark Sword and my crossbow came out... Strange I thought that maybe my shortcuts rolled back, so I hit F1 and out came my Rune shield... Well Skilla currently has my Rune Shield as I got a US. I then checked EVERYTHING and I'm certain my character has gone back in time, so to say. I believe I've rolled back to what I believe is sometime yesterday or early this morning. Because:
- I've lost a few levels (Including my Title going down)
- My DS and US are gone
- A few items have come back that I discarded (Apples, Rune Shield, various junk I sell)
- Money has gone down.
- My shortcuts have gone back to what they were before I changed them today.

I tried several servers after hosting mine and I was still rolled back.I don't dare connect to FN again now as I don't want to save this way. Is there anything that can be done?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I know of three other instances of this evil rollback bug: Joey, who got rolled back a few hours about two weeks ago, and Belmont & Kodak, who both got rolled a few hours back... two years ago (yes, really) after some excessive bugged Keledros farming. They were all like "omg we lost our volcano/blizzard/lightning storm".

HumanSteak suggests that this bug may be related to changing the map on one server very often, and then hopping to another server. I personally have no idea what could be causing this, but this sure is the worst bug ever. I've been farming with Xeropace for hours today and now he lost a ****ing Urdulian shield and a ****ing dark sword.

What is going on?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
HumanSteak suggests that this bug may be related to changing the map on one server very often, and then hopping to another server.
Sounds possible.

I believe the response to this two years ago or so was "quit HL before joining a new server and NEVER go from your own server to someone elses without quitting HL" - or something along those lines. Sadly nothing has changed much on the FN side since then. The system is so convoluted I'm just happy it works at all.

If it makes ye feel any better, Asgaard is now the fifth person to have the honor being banned on my server.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Heh, he was causing problems earlier.

So then, nothing can be done? I just gotta continue from this current state?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you just lost a few hours, most likely. I can restore ye from the most recent backup, but guess how often backups are made: every 6 hours. So most likely, you'll be in the same boat, or worse.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Hmm... That's the thing, I can't tell how far back I went... I probably am at the last back up anyway... Nevermind, I'll just continue from here.