more traditional RPG slime?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You could add a skull inside the slime for another kind of slime, so how about a bone trowing slime?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Or a slime that rolls over turtles and turns them into...Ya know what, nevermind..

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
FER said:
You could add a skull inside the slime for another kind of slime, so how about a bone trowing slime?

i like ur idea... but if i make the slime an additive with jeds it blows chunks n looks more like a green glow ball... maybe if thothie could make its opacity 90 with a script or some such.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
If these monsters were added to MSC, perhaps they could be what is just above the boar, but not as strong as a bear... at least HP wise... and they could be resistant (NOT IMMUNE) too all damage types except fire....

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
They are weak. VERY weak. Currently, anyway. I was in the edana sewers yesterday with my lvl 13 MA char and I did one charged (22 dmg) attack on the electrified slime and killed it in one hit. It was pathetic :oldangry:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Original electric slime had 15 hp... I've not altered that.

They're in Edana Sewers, so umm, yeah, don't want any worthy opponents in the n00b zones. ;) The damage they dish out is rather extreme for that area, if not what they can take. (Mind you, ferocious boar only has 22hp, and you remember how long those take to kill at level 5'ish)

Can always make some new ones.

My only problem with Cerix's slime, is that it gives me this strange urge to make a blue maze, with little pellets in it, and change the player model to a large round yellow ball with a gaping maw.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh? I'm tempted to go on a quest to obtain Ultima Weapon when I see it :oldshock:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, the model, it be bunk.

It doesn't have the proper attack event in it, which is easy to fix, except when I try to add it, the compiler keeps saying "30.smd not found".

Please compare the original slime.mdl's QC file and your own, closely. Something er other is wrong.

I can also tell there's no proper move anim in here, but the movement hack might not look so bad on a slime.

On another note, the death animation loops - meaning, when it dies, it'll keep looping forever. Might wanna undo that.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
alright but how do i, im not very good at editing QC files... and sorry as i said it has differnt animations than the original slime.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, you can edit the QC file with notepad - just compare the two. Beyond that, you'll have to talk to Orochi or Gaz. :/

I can hack something together to make it move, maybe even attack... But at the very least the death anim is going to have to be unlooped, it looks very odd just sitting there, spinning, forever. I can hack something to make it fade away, but it'll mess up any monster spawns it's attached to.

In anycase the QC is messed up in some odd way that prevents me from recompiling it atm.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Meh, you can edit the QC file with notepad - just compare the two. Beyond that, you'll have to talk to Orochi or Gaz. :/

I can hack something together to make it move, maybe even attack... But at the very least the death anim is going to have to be unlooped, it looks very odd just sitting there, spinning, forever. I can hack something to make it fade away, but it'll mess up any monster spawns it's attached to.

In anycase the QC is messed up in some odd way that prevents me from recompiling it atm.

i dont get what u mean the attack animation is messed up / inccorect. dont u just have to animate it to attack and a walk animation isnt that just it moving like its walking ? if so i have both of those.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You need a special sort of animation to make a monster move. Has something to do with the LX in the animation sequence of the QC file (again, note the original slime QC).

To make it attack, you need an event 600 with a name in at the appropriate impact frame for the script to capture. Normally I just add these willy nilly, but I can't get this to recompile due to the faulty QC.

slime.qc said:
// 5 animation sequence(s)
$sequence "idle1" "idle1" fps 10 loop ACT_IDLE 15
$sequence "walk" "walk" LX fps 30 loop ACT_WALK 1
$sequence "run" "run" LX fps 100 loop ACT_RUN 1
$sequence "attack" "attack" fps 40 ACT_RANGE_ATTACK1 1 { event 600 8 "bite1" }
$sequence "die" "die" fps 30 ACT_DIESIMPLE 1

Again, talk to Gaz/Orochi, tis about all I know of these things. Fairly certain just adding "LX" isn't enough.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
ok hopefully they see this thread and ill just recompile it, once i have their help.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'd PM them (find a post of theirs, and clicky the "PM" button below.)