Monthly images/screenshots contest!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Alright, heres the deal. I've been posting news on moddb each month about thothie's releases. And its probably gotten a few people to join MSC!

Now, this is all fine and dandy - but it seems that people on moddb have a -very- short attention span when looking at the news. They want to see pretty pictures of new stuff first, and news about it after that.

So, i'll be needing 4 screenshots, or model shots (preferably finished, and given to thothie) each month for the news post. How does this help me, you ask? Well, it gives me time to work on maps instead of hunting around for new screenshots each month (i was planning on starting to use screenshots in the news posts in december, since people will be looking for a new mod to play over winter break).

So, heres the deal...

NO BLOOM MOD
-Screenshots must highlight the positive aspects of MSC -- Not 'sploitz
-Screenshots must be OF MSC or MSC related material
-WIP model shots will only be accepted if you have sent the model in its current form to thothie (and preferably if you plan to continue working on it)
-Screenshot should probably emphasize a new feature or item
-No screenshot should include any sort of hl1 glitchyness
-Image should be cropped to show only what you want
-No photoshopping your images to make them look cool (other than cropping, of course)
-No hammer shots, please.

Winners will recieve...Thier screenshots in the moddb post that hundreds (maybe thousands!) of people see! omg! gogogogo!

And maybe if thothie feels like rigging up some sort of little prize item to make you want to do it a little more that'd be cool too. Like a crest that says "I won the screenshot contest last month!". And it disappears when the next patch comes out, through the same method that your new items disappear when you go to hells diner ;)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Sweet Squirrel *aka Foamy* :D

You're doing a great service... actively going out and finding people by the dozens to play MSC :D

Maybe you can attract some hard-core mappers or something for MSC... people who'll work day-in and day-out to produce something awesome within a month's time :D

HobbitG

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Maybe you can attract some hard-core mappers or something for MSC... people who'll work day-in and day-out to produce something awesome within a month's time :D

we'll have to find someone that can post news in chinese

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
If Chinese people start mapping... then how will we do the quest (if they assign any)... unless we get translators too :!:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Hurray for racial stereotypes.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It allows us to look towards people who excel in certain areas of work... like Asians and how good they are when it comes to video games :D

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
my post lol ...

screenie3.png

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Go go gadget bloom mod...

That screeny would be a lot better if there were no bloom and no conversation. Also, it really should highlight some new part of the game.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
that is a new part of it, MiB - the skeletons now change depending on your level...

but yeah, i should probably point out that you should show the game without bloom mod or other h4x active...and no conversations if possible ;)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yeah, definately get rid of the bloom mod. People might think it's a part of MS: C, and when they find out it's not, they'll want to know where to get it, and then only more people will get VAC banned.

And my skeletons look way L337er :mrgreen: they look like fallen knights... with two axes :oldshock:

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I want more screens to look at :( Im bored

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If yer saying the screenies have to be from this month's patch, there's the new glow fx screenie here:
http://www.thothie.com/msc/nightmare3.jpg

And the nightmare_thornlands shots here:
http://www.thothie.com/msc/nightmare1.jpg
and here:
http://www.thothie.com/msc/nightmare2.jpg

Not that any of them are positively brilliant.

I had a screenshot of the new divination scroll fx, which looks really nifty in third person, but I seem to have misplaced it...

The Bloom Mod guy did finally put a huge warning about VAC bannage on his page, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ya should see the movie... Best animated texture evah.