Map Designing.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It will be MS:C (Master Sword: Continued)... Since there's a title change, I suspect the version number may also reset. I dunno...

msitem_spawn was causing an issue because I used the one in Helena as an example. It apparently follows 1.0 conventions, and no longer works. I've got it working now (not there, but the revised Sfor uses it, instead of a bugged treasure). There does seem to be a cap on the duration though. Even with it at 65535 or what not, the items still vanish in about the same time a dropped item does. That's a pretty long time though, so long as you make it spawn with some treasure, and light it up real good (recommend a playonce sprite, and quest sound), I don't think it's an issue.

Example usage:

Code:
{

"origin" "-672 -672 1216"

"duration" "9999"

"spawnarea" "trollreward"

"spawnstart" "1"

"targetname" "trollreward"

"scriptfile" "health_spotion"

"angles" "0 0 0"

"classname" "msitem_spawn"

}

Spawnstart 1 makes sure it doesn't spawn until called for. Otherwise it'll surely vanish before players get to it.

I'll put up the syntax someday... Hope to start a thread to get everyone's heads together on the various entities so we can have a usuable database and mapping FAQ here.

PS. I'll send you $5 via Paypal JM, if you remove ART and all the cheat maps from your website. By cheat maps, I mean, "intended to be so". I'll send another $5 to Crow if he does the same. :p You can keep the ENT files for them there though, as they maybe useful to designers, but not the general gaming populous.

"I'm going to the picnic and I'm bringing asbestos insulation, brine shrimp, the cryogenically frozen head of Walt Disney, a dromedary, and . . . a european centric view of world history." - Daria, "Road Worrier"

Saint Thoth

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I don't care about the money, I'll remove ART. But I'll never remove the cheatmaps, ever :twisted:

I've maintained my site for over three years now and I've had tons of happy visitors. Granted, cheatmaps do fuck up the game for some. But they expand it for others.

P.S.: I don't even have a Paypal account. :oldshock:

Edit: Removed. Happy?

Edit 2: The mappack got downloaded 44 times since I put it on the site. BAM!

Edit 3: Crow's mappack got downloaded 115 times :oldshock:

Cyax

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Thothie said:
It will be MS:C (Master Sword: Continued)... Since there's a title change, I suspect the version number may also reset. I dunno...

msitem_spawn was causing an issue because I used the one in Helena as an example. It apparently follows 1.0 conventions, and no longer works. I've got it working now (not there, but the revised Sfor uses it, instead of a bugged treasure). There does seem to be a cap on the duration though. Even with it at 65535 or what not, the items still vanish in about the same time a dropped item does. That's a pretty long time though, so long as you make it spawn with some treasure, and light it up real good (recommend a playonce sprite, and quest sound), I don't think it's an issue.

Example usage:

Code:
{

"origin" "-672 -672 1216"

"duration" "9999"

"spawnarea" "trollreward"

"spawnstart" "1"

"targetname" "trollreward"

"scriptfile" "health_spotion"

"angles" "0 0 0"

"classname" "msitem_spawn"

}

Spawnstart 1 makes sure it doesn't spawn until called for. Otherwise it'll surely vanish before players get to it.

I'll put up the syntax someday... Hope to start a thread to get everyone's heads together on the various entities so we can have a usuable database and mapping FAQ here.

PS. I'll send you $5 via Paypal JM, if you remove ART and all the cheat maps from your website. By cheat maps, I mean, "intended to be so". I'll send another $5 to Crow if he does the same. :p You can keep the ENT files for them there though, as they maybe useful to designers, but not the general gaming populous.

"I'm going to the picnic and I'm bringing asbestos insulation, brine shrimp, the cryogenically frozen head of Walt Disney, a dromedary, and . . . a european centric view of world history." - Daria, "Road Worrier"

Saint Thoth

I don't get any money if I take them off mine? :oldcry: Feels so bad to be forgotten... :(

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oops... Acutally I meant you, Cyax... Crow doesn't have any...

Tis this damn alphabetical memory of mine. ;)

So... Wanna make a quick $5, Mr. C? ;)

"Specifically, I'd like to debate whether cannabalism ought to be grounds for leniency in murders, since it's less wasteful." - Calvin

Saint Thoth

Cyax

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
I'll take the $5, take the maps off... Then put them right back on. :mrgreen:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yer supposed to tell me that AFTER I give you the $5... Jeeze, where did you learn to be a con-artist? Amish country? :p

I've hardly had the chance to look at those first 73-someodd maps you had before, never mind any new ones you've put in... I just hope you're at least willing to overwrite any cheatmaps in your packs with any non-cheatmaps I manage to convert them into.

I suppose I could host them all as individual files. I"ve got a little script that links up huge globs of files like those.

"Most lovers are only as faithful as their options."

Saint Thoth