lodagond-4 'Air Platforms' and high ping

Jonzay

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
As there are no servers anywhere near Australia, the Yellow/Blue 'Air Platforms' on lodagond-4 are incredibly unpleasant to deal with when you have 250 ping minimum. Sometimes they send you in unpredictable directions, other times you just fall straight through them. It can take me up to 10 minutes to finally luck my way up them.

Is there any chance they can be changed to solid platforms at any point in the future, or is it 'part of the map challenge'?

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I feel like we'd need approval from crow, the guy who made the map, before a change like that could be made.

Jonzay

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Of course, which is understandable. I was also half expecting to hear that the map source had gone missing :p

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I don't think that has much to do with ping... I think it's just the wonky physics. :?

I suggest jumping with slight forward momentum on the first one, holding space, and constantly holding forward to guide you to the next one... Sometimes it really is weird though.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
High ping does kinda impact on that part a little. But it remains the same in the end, the only difference is the screen shaking. Sometimes you get a feeling you fell down but you haven't and you suddently go up again. Happens to me all the time in US servers with 250+ ping.

The challenge isn't really complicated and anyone can do it, laggy or not, as long as you aren't teleporting around the map with lag. Then you should be able to do it just fine. Try walk + strafe the initial jump or start running a little too close to the first jump lift. It's all a matter of controlling your initial speed and strafing in the air. If you go too slow, you won't reach the next platform, if you go too fast, you might just skipt the next platform or you won't get enough of a boost from the next platform in order to go higher.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, I can't even do that on LAN, but seems people pull it off all the time, so *shrug*.