Listenserver problems

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Alright. I've tried everything I can, and asked a few people. Now I'm asking the community.

Has anyone ever had a problem with listenservers wherein you change the map (be it transition, votemap, changelevel, or map itself) and your characters are inaccesable? I cannot leave Edana. If I go anywhere else, my character is greyed out, saying that it's at Edana.

If it's something simple, I'm gonna go hit something.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Stupid question, but must be asked - Do ya have the maps updated/spawn anywhere installed?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure, but I'll try a reinstall of AUG2007b.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
If that happens, changelevel X (X being the map you are playing), works for me always.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If you can't update your map, aka you hit Okay to patch your map and the .bat window only show up for a split second: go to your map folder and patch it there.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
one stupid thread! The listenserver is the simplest thing you can every configure. If not... Your DUMB!

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
pimpsta said:
one stupid thread! The listenserver is the simplest thing you can every configure. If not... Your DUMB!

Wow pimpsta, you're so helpful! I don't see why people constantly downtalk you on public servers.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
villager said:
pimpsta said:

Wow pimpsta, you're so helpful! I don't see why people constantly downtalk you on public servers.

because you have anger problems?
I feel like causing problems on the forum since you all have nothing good to say about me or my guild.

So WHY should I be nice to you guys if you all are being an *** about me on the pub server?
Why should I say something nice about you or your guild?
I am getting to the point where I am tired of hearing it.

Fadda

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
pimpsta said:
villager said:
pimpsta said:

I feel like causing problems on the forum since you all have nothing good to say about me or my guild.

So WHY should I be nice to you guys if you all are being an *** about me on the pub server?

May I point you to the FN forum, "do i have a treat for you or what" thread, where you just attacked BoU, tPoD and RiP AGAIN, with that cheating bullshit of yours?

Jesus christ your nothing but a coin, a double sided object that's only meant to be given away. Jesus christ give it a rest, if you're tired of us attacking you, why dont YOU STOP ATTACKING US?!

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
pimpsta said:
Hey fuck off. This is exactly the reason everybody hates you.

Don't understand why? Let me explain it to you as if I were explaining it to a retard:
- You post something.
- Your post contains an inconstructive comment that's surely not helpful.
- Your post reflects what you think.
- Therefore, you are inconstructive and unhelpful.
- This behaviour is something people around here dislike.
- When people dislike such behaviour, they will target the one with this behaviour.
- That is YOU. You are a DICK.
- And people will hate you if you stay acting like a dick.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Belmont said:
If that happens, changelevel X (X being the map you are playing), works for me always.

That works for the "Failed to connect to FuzNet" bug (where I'll get my server side characters instead of FN ones), but does not fix the spawnanywhere bug.

pimpsta said:

Let me just fix this

DuMbAsS said:
I'm insecure because I'm a stupid douche. Please pay me attention while I try to scrape whatever dignity I can from my asshole, where my head currently, and constantly, resides. Thank you! :D

RayonMazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
pimpsta said:

ever*

While using stupid and dumb in the same post, I would hope that the sentences would show some form of intelligence. Better luck next time :)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
pimpsta said:
This is one stupid thread! The listenserver is the simplest thing you can ever configure.
If you cannot... You are DUMB! I mean, on MY server, I get Phoenix Armor twice in one run, bone blades fall from the sky, I must be doing something to get it to work right, like changing code.
I'm sure MiB, being absent on this thread, will approve of this.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Pimpsta, I keep telling myself that maybe you aren't as bad as everyone says you are, but you keep proving them right. Your excuse for saying what you did is unacceptable.

Pimpsta said:

That is funny coming from you. It is like a 400lbs man telling his 200lbs wife to go on a diet.

Pimpsta said:

Hello? You don't see a problem with this? You "feel" like causing problems? How about not acting on every feeling you get. That is one thing that separates man from beast. Wait, that isn't true, because I know for a fact my dog can show more restraint than you.

Pimpsta said:

Why should you be nice? Maybe if you were nice people would change their opinions of you. It takes time, and above all else, patience.

Pimpsta said:

You do realize that this wouldn't have been an issue if you had stayed out of this thread, right? Sorry, but you did start this flame fest. I hardly doubt CrazyMonkeyDude started this thread in hopes that you would make some off the wall rude comment. It is all on you, and you should be ashamed.

Darkside1

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Erm dudes can you help me with my problem of my server not showing up on the list? :oops: :oops:

Darkside1

New Adventurer
Reaction score
err

probably, probably not.

I really dont know its my dads Router it links up to mine.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It should be close to the modem, or to his computer. Or just ask him. If it's his router, you'll have to ask permission for access to forward ports.

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Is this in your listenserver.cfg?

setmaster disable

This will make your server invisible to the server lists.