Lag Spikes / Crash on RKS server and even my own

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I tried to play a bit in the last two days to try out the patch, but for some reason wherever I connect to players starts saying there is massive lag starting. I am not behind firewalls and reinstalled from scratch. Edit: twice

Decided to host a listenserver using my FN-5711 code and noticed that I still have this problem with me as the host. even running makes my character teleport a bit in a random direction(?) and I end up falling in holes that that aren't even close to me. (I am looking at you, start temple in edana). I proceed to unleash my wrath on a level 2000 legendary monster rat of death and destruction outside the temple, and the game just shut itself on its own.

TL:DR: want to play but can't =(

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Try installing from scratch (delete msc)? Beyond that, may need to look at the character (slot/ID).

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue here. I've tested on my 3 characters on main account, main character is causing heavy lag to the servers...

This wasn't happening on the first patch release for february. And i really haven't played since then. Played rmines for like 10-15 minutes, it was broken, i tried the other new map, played for 5 minutes and quit.

I didn't get any loot, just some small xp rewards from few mobs, lost 2% in archery (reason as to why i quit, got stuck inside a suiciding dwarf).

I'm not sure what could be causing this, i'm trying to figure out if i got any corrupted items, so far i haven't found anything weird. Unless this is related to character size, i carry alot of stuff... Or perhaps the galat chest is somehow corrupted.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Double post? F*ck edits.

My lag issues were caused by Urdualian shield, check out the gear you are carrying with you, put in hands and drop one by one and run around for a few seconds see if lag spikes occur.

Truewarrior

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I deleted all my shields and threw some stuff into my galat chest. my Truewarrior is no longer causing great lag and I can start playing again. my teleport using was me not knowing about the double tap to dodge stuff >.< (I don't like it but was told how to remove it).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeeah.... Might be a good idea to read over those help signs in Edana again if you've not played in a long time. You can type help at chat to make em pop-up, even if you've got too much HP to trigger them. The Keybinds (hallway) and Console commands (temple mouth) in particular have some new info that maybe useful to a long absent veteran player.