MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think it should work regardless.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Keledros skele dropped an eleven arrow in one of the bags of gold with the 23 gold.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
The Ice bone lord killed me when he died in his second state. This happened 2 times and in both I used the axe leap (With gold axe), dealing the last blow. It isn't actually him who kills me, but world damage (Like getting killed in a door).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
What have you done to bone blade thothie?
I dunno, what did I do to it? I just moved the include, as it seems to have fixed all the anims for all the weapons, but last I checked, it functioned the same as ever.

Ah so it is intentional to have the higher level gather all spoils

It'll pick the highest qualifying player first. If it has more than one item to give, it should give the next item to the next-highest qualifier, etc. etc.

However, I think the chest should read whether there is a high level player there or not (within a radius, so one can't use a bot). Perhaps detect within the party.
There's no radius detection (for fear that a qualifying player may have died around the time the chest spawned, and thus be at player start). There are, however, a few dozen protections that disqualify AFK's and bots.

Keep bosses keep crashing my listen server when they die. Could be from money? Who knows. All I know is that I dont get the xp, and no one gets the rares.
Hmmm... I had another report of this. Had a few runs on my server go fine though. I notice the Maldora chest gave the no free edict error when it should have spawned its little circle of gold bags, twice, (just opted to remove them and stick tiles in the chest) so I suspect something maybe up with the gold bag deployment system. Not sure what just yet though.

Keledros skele dropped an eleven arrow in one of the bags of gold with the 23 gold.
That's... Interesting. :| This his bags are 25 ea. Need to get him an artifact chest.

The Ice bone lord killed me when he died in his second state. This happened 2 times and in both I used the axe leap (With gold axe), dealing the last blow. It isn't actually him who kills me, but world damage (Like getting killed in a door).
There are some pit hazards there, other than that, none that I can think of - dunno if you lagged from fx, and just spun into a pit. But I'll play with it, and see if anything happens.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
There are some pit hazards there, other than that, none that I can think of - dunno if you lagged from fx, and just spun into a pit. But I'll play with it, and see if anything happens.
Wasn't close to any pit, had about 190 hp before the hit the second time. I figured it could be some playerclip (or whatever its called in monsters) that changed size or shape when he died, including me in it, killing me somehow. But I know too little about the games design to really know much.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It ain't a pit or an instant death, I have had it happen and bring me down to 100 HP.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmm... Not had the chance to test it yet, but not sure what'd be. I don't think she has an explosion or anything when she first falls.

BTW - Shurik3n - would you mind terribly if I copied your character to my own's #2 slot to test your armor with - provided I just stuck around long enough to ask "hey, does this armor look right?" :p ...I suppose it maybe better if I could just make a test character called "Pheonix test" and send it up to FN though... Maybe better to test with Orochi's coat, since it doesn't give any advantages. [/thinking out loud]

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If it helps getting the big fixed I don't mind.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was playing foutpost and my supervisor died. For about 30 seconds afterwards I didn't get teleported to 'jail'. Then I hear the supervisor's generic "now you die" or whatever he says and then I was teleported. Not important, just thought you might want to know.

Oh, now my spellbook works properly again. The scrolls go into it and not into my sac.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tis just a matter of arranging containers that.

...Sometimes the Foutpost teleport is screwy. A teleport brush that size is bound to be.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I was playing foutpost today (with 2 others) and first I noticed a Brawler dropping 2 gauntlets upon dieing. Then I realised that some of the archers actually dropped 2 quivers, that both got stuck in the air in each other. Well, i thought this was quite odd until we kicked down the orc boss, who dropped 2 great axes and 2 heads. Not quite right, is it?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Could it be a part of the new reward system?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmmm... No. The frequency of drops increases for players, but not the numbers. Will have to look into it.

Y0SHiB0Y

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Some bugs

I did a quick 2 minute search to see if these were previously reported, so please don't yell at me if they were :|

Store-Item-Graphic Bug:
When I store an item at a Galat place, the image of the item on my player (in 3rd person) remains there until I leave the map.

Store-Item-While-Holding-Multiple Bug:
When I want to store an item while carrying more than one of that item (either in hands or elsewhere), the storage guy won't offer the store item response.

Redeem-Item-While-Holding-Multiple Bug:
When I want to redeem a ticket while carrying more than one of that ticket type (either in hands or elsewhere), the storage guy won't offer the redeem item response.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
And Nova, and some others that I forget atm

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, takes me time to make and test tickets for new items... Wish I had some easy way to automate that process.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I thought it would be pretty straight forward o_O

I'll look into my scripts and see if I can make an automated way to do it >_>

bugleboy

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tulll said:
Thothie said:
Wasn't close to any pit, had about 190 hp before the hit the second time. I figured it could be some playerclip (or whatever its called in monsters) that changed size or shape when he died, including me in it, killing me somehow. But I know too little about the games design to really know much.

thats happened to me too....i just thought that the ice lord was doing the same thing as the giant bears do....how when they die there so heavy when they fall it hurts you kinda thing

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Store-Item-Graphic Bug:
When I store an item at a Galat place, the image of the item on my player (in 3rd person) remains there until I leave the map.
The way the bank removes the items from you is a bit "hacky" - you'll notice it tends to fubar your third person animations as well.

Store-Item-While-Holding-Multiple Bug:
When I want to store an item while carrying more than one of that item (either in hands or elsewhere), the storage guy won't offer the store item response.
Redeem-Item-While-Holding-Multiple Bug:
When I want to redeem a ticket while carrying more than one of that ticket type (either in hands or elsewhere), the storage guy won't offer the redeem item response.
Limitation of the item detection system. You'll have to drop the extra items / tickets.

Y0SHiB0Y

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Shield-NoXP Bug:
If I equip a large iron shield and a finely crafted knife in this order, I get no experience.

1. Equip finely crafted knife.
2. Equip large iron shield.

Right-click attacks / Left-click uses shield.

I noticed issue earlier when I started using a shield. Verified testing on orcs in orc_arena.

After an enemy is killed, the log shows that the enemy was slain, but displays no experience gained. Checking after a few kills, it seemed no hidden experience was gained.

Equipping these items in reverse order seems to work correctly (gains experience).

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That's because the weapon in your PRIMARY hand gets the exp, and shields don't train >_>

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I just soloed the forgotten outpost, and when I killed Graznux, he
- Dropped his head twice ( :oldshock: )
- Left behind eight bags of 25 golden coins each... I thought I was supposed to get less gold when playing alone?