Intense lag in EVERY game

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
AS of two days ago, after a steam update, every game I have played (Goldsrc or not) has had intensive PING spikes and rubberbanding issues. I am apparently not the only one experiencing this, as several other people in MS:C have reported similar misfortunes. The thing that bothers me is it isn't just half-life, it's NS2, TF2, CS:GO, everything that VAC runs on. Seems to only be on this computer, too.

Edit: I am singling myself out as the only person to experience widespread lag, if anyone can help me on my end I would greatly appreciate... I was also noting that the RKS servers are lagging too, though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
RKS servers look clean from here... Not gotten flagged for the Steam update here myself yet though.

Check that they didn't change your download region. (Settings->Downloads) Sometimes they change the indexing, and you wind up on the other side of the planet.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
This happens to be a problem with my adapter. This could be moved to off-topic as it really isn't about MS:C... I just don't know who else to ask. I've been fine up until two days ago when everything started contracting parkinsons...

I did a diagnostic of my computer and it confirmed my adapter is having issues keeping a stable connection. I've re-installed all drivers for all network adapters. It's this laptop. My old tower runs fine.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I appear to have fixed the problem! I turned off the "background scan" option in my device manager... and so far so good! I guess my adapter was pinging every available network around whilst I was connected to a perfectly solid one... so yeah :roll:

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
:sadface:

First the good news, then the bad news. :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's... A troubleshooting thread... I'd just end up moving it back here.

Dun much care *what* was stoppin ya from having a smooth play with MSC, someone could end up with the same issue.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I'm still getting cl_entityflushpacket(s) in half-life games. The problem was minimized, not fixed.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
..And maybe someone else will have a solution and post it here.

We don't be removin' threads from troubleshooting, just cuz no one's found a solution yet.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I disabled background scans in my adapter's settings, and disabled my bluetooth functionality and things seem to be running a helluva lot smoother. Curse you KillerN/Qualcomm/Atheros!