Id software games available on Steam!

Arkanthis

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Pretty much every ID game from Doom 3 and back all the way to Wolfenstein 3D is now available for purchase on Steam. I played the Heretic shareware but never got around to getting it. Now I can get it for 5 bucks. They even have various deals like getting every Doom game for $36 and even a deal to get every single one of their titles for friggin' $62.95.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
please, we don't need a parrot of the steam update news that alwasy appears after i play a game ><

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
you can never have enough games :D Buy em all thats what I say! My large collection of games just keeps growing, and I have yet to beat half of them.

someday I will own 1,000 different games, already have 600 :wink:

Darkside1

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have about 300 Old Games. Literally 300 Old Games..... I'm that Sad.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I have games ranging from all shapes and sizes, biggest collection is held by the computer, filled with ancient floppy games, yes games on the floppy or better yet how about the ole 5 an half inch floppy games. Good ole commander keen.

Beyond that I go all the way up to the latest and greatest in consoles, except for the 360, Microsoft doesn't need my money.

Heck even have one of nintendos flop systems the virtual boy, gives people headaches yet I don't seem to be affected.

I used to have ataris but alas I managed to break all 4 that I had.

collecting games and systems is a hobby of mine, and someday I will own more games than your average game store :D

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Meh... Now they're trying to make money off of the old Quake and Heretic games again?

The package deal is great, though, as it's pretty much the DooM 3+Expansion and Quake 4 together, but with extra nostalgic goodies.

Edit: I just noticed Quake 4 isn't part of the package (nor available on Steam at all?).

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
600 total games across all systems is actually not that unreasonable, especially if alot of them are from the time of commander keen, duke nukem (the original sidecroller where it looks like he is firing noodles out of a tube) Montezumas, etc. I have close to 500 games on the PC alone. Not all of them are installed of course, but I still have them in case, for example, I feel like running through Day of the Tentacle one more time.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Aww, man... Duke Nukem 3D... I have it installed on my Mac :)
Atomic Edition.

"Damn!... I'm lookin' gooood!"

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Haha, that game is one of the bets FPS I had ever played. I was referring to the side scroller though; a few years before Duke 3D (which isn't true 3D. Go figure)

I wish I had as much cash to throw around as he does. Shake it baby.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
if you like duke nukem 3d then one must try shadow warrior, its another classic build engine game.

HomestarR said:
600 total games across all systems is actually not that unreasonable, especially if alot of them are from the time of commander keen, duke nukem (the original sidecroller where it looks like he is firing noodles out of a tube) Montezumas, etc.

except my collection is mostly consistent of the the other systems, I have way more console games vs my computer collection. My computer collection is about 150 games, where as the console and hand held collection consists of 450, and about 50 of that is hand held games.

Regardless its still a lot of games either way you see it, sure is fun to show off to people who visit to, the look on there faces when I open drawer after drawer of games.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have the entire Myst Saga, including realMyst <3

Best games ever. Myst 5 has been a disappointment so far, though.
If things are alive, why aren't the birds moving...

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I loved Myst, and played up to the third one. Everything was too easy.