I require some assistance!

franky200

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
I have this weird problem where the animations on the port of the skeleton to Sven Co-op... his arms are out of place... Any help? I'm kinda new at doing this. Here's a link to the model and also a picture:

skele1.jpg

skele2.jpg

skele3.jpg

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/ice_skeleton.mdl

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If yer trying to make it into a player model, it maybe the bone names don't match up. If you are trying to replace a monster model in Svencoop with it... Well... If you've replaced it on your client and not the server you're playing on, that could cause various odd issues - but if you're the host, and you have it on both ends (or are a listen server) unless Svencoop is doing something odd with bone indexes I don't know about, IDK what it maybe. I'd be sure to strip the MSC related events from it though, for there maybe conflicts.

franky200

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Ehh... i'll look into the bone names and see if i got them mixed up..

EDIT: I can't seem to find anything wrong with the bones....

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Decompile, and open the reference SMD for model you are trying to replace in notepad.

Do same with Skele.

Compare/contrast nodes, see if all bones actually connect to the same partners. eg.

Code:
  3 "Bip01 L Leg1" 2
  4 "Bip01 L Foot" 3
  5 "Bip01 L Toe0" 4

This example means the toe bone (4) is connected to foot bone (3) and the foot bone's connected to the leg bone (2), and if it's connected to -1, that's where you go, "Now hear the word of the loooord!" (sorry, sidetracked...)

Other possibility is bones starting in radically different positions, or actual vertex assignment craziness, but for those, you'd have to check with Milkshape. Suggest selecting skeleton arms and clicking on the affected bones, and then click "select assigned" to see if something is amiss with conversion process ye be using or just a major difference between this and the original monster/player model design.