Hitting through resistances

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Killing some spiders with cobra armour, I'm getting hit with the following:
( 27 / 75 ) You have been poisoned!
( 94 / 75 ) You have been poisoned!

Is there something going wrong with resistances?

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Which enemy specifically did that?

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Spitting spiders, snakes and the envenomed skeletons from bloodrose.

I've tried unequipping and re-equipping the cobra armour.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Bleh, gonna have to go through some old archives to figure where that message was - we've changed how DOT resistances work since. The only commented instance I'm seeing of it isn't prefixed with a roll report.

You can check your resistances with "listresist" at chat or console, but I'm wondering if it's really bleeding over some other numbers.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Wait... The crack I am on...

Several revisions ago we re-rigged it so DOT resistance no longer prevents DOT application, it only reduces damage and removes the secondary effects (this also applies to monsters).

So for fire and regular poison, this is only going to reduce damage. For greater poison and lightning it removes the "drunk"/miss chance effect, removes the slow effect for cold, prevents freezing solid, etc. etc.

Changelog APR2012a said:
• DOT and Elemental Resistance Changes: Elemental resistance no longer affects DOT apply chances. This is true for both players and monsters. It still affects secondary effects. So, while successfully resisting Frost Damage removes the slow effect, the target still takes damage over time - though that damage is still reduced by the target's resistance value. (Which still means no effect at all, if the target is completely immune to the element.)

PS. Also, to embed an image from imgur, right click on the image and click "Copy Image Address", then encapsulate the url with the [img][/img] tag.
otsTIFp.png
Can't embed an image that doesn't end with an image file extension.