Gertenheld_Forest. -RELEASED-

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh... Wolve's are supposed to be 30-35 XP... Exception being the Alpha Female that Dridje threw in there, due to the HP/DMG multipliers. Goblins, likewise, are 20-25xp - with the exception of Barse, who is worth a standard texas sh*tload. (Still don't think it's calc'ing right, should be x5, actually think it's doing x6 for about 900xp :\ - he's sploitable, and shouldn't be worth that much there)

Issue is, when I put in the flag for the XP multi on one of the patches, it fubar'd and doubled the XP of everything on the map.

If ye have the older Gert patch, it'll prevent you from running Chapel or Calruin2, apparently. Patch has been re-uploaded since then.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
villager said:
Well, the wolves only have less than 50hp, and doing 1-2 damage :\

Meh, I was expecting wolves would be harder (Low hp, high damage) for mid levels. These wolves are like a step up from boars, I don't even think a wolf can take a bear cub :S
The map isn't designed to work with high level characters. In fact, I've yet to see a set of players of its level play the map. I suspect most of them will pass the level it's designed for before they realize it exists.

The map's also been nerfed quite a bit since I did the original treasure layout - I should do something about that, but I'm not sure what, exactly. Treasure layout is currently allows the player to choose one of the following: "an Envenomed Axe;a Envenomed Shortsword;a Lesser Ice Blade;a set of Gauntlets;a Potion of Stability;a Summon Rat Scroll;an Elven Bow;"

Regular Boars do 0.7-1pts damage per attack, and have 20hp

Regular wolves do 2-5dmg/attack and have 50hp (the white ones have 75)

Bear Cubs do 2.5-4dmg/attack and have 50hp - but don't move nor attack nearly as fast. ;)

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
villager said:
Well, the wolves only have less than 50hp, and doing 1-2 damage :\

Meh, I was expecting wolves would be harder (Low hp, high damage) for mid levels. These wolves are like a step up from boars, I don't even think a wolf can take a bear cub :S
The map isn't designed to work with high level characters. In fact, I've yet to see a set of players of its level play the map. I suspect most of them will pass the level it's designed for before they realize it exists.

The map's also been nerfed quite a bit since I did the original treasure layout - I should do something about that, but I'm not sure what, exactly. Treasure layout is currently allows the player to choose one of the following: "an Envenomed Axe;a Envenomed Shortsword;a Lesser Ice Blade;a set of Gauntlets;a Potion of Stability;a Summon Rat Scroll;an Elven Bow;"

Regular Boars do 0.7-1pts damage per attack, and have 20hp

Regular wolves do 2-5dmg/attack and have 50hp (the white ones have 75)

Bear Cubs do 2.5-4dmg/attack and have 50hp - but don't move nor attack nearly as fast. ;)

Fine, a (Regular) Wolf can barely take a Bear Cub. :\

And I never said "This map is too easy, I wish this map was made for higher levels," I just expected the wolves, being that they're wolves, to be much more difficult to kill. I can level just fine until an avarage 20 for each skill (Not including SC), that's where leveling becomes difficult. And I never realized how easy regular wolves were until this map o:

I think we need more mid-level maps, for people with 300-500hp, we have more than enough maps for low levels IMO

Plus, low level maps should be near Thornlands/Edana, I don't even think a player "suitable" for Gertenheld_forest can legitimently travel to that location (Without votemap [Edana>Thornlands>Helena>Daragoth>Deralia>ect...]) :S

BTW, I love your map Dridje D: