Fire Dagger

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I cant get it to compile because its not accepting the skin. oh well...

firedagger.jpg
firedagger1-1.jpg
firedagger2.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
><

Actually... I have an NPC that has a sacraficial knife very much like that. Maybe Orochi can rip it out and do something with it.

Sadly, I don't think the requests to take the Dwarf's bastardsword and use that as the new bastage model are going to work. He doesn't seem to like it.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
hey please take out this triangle it would make ur model look so much nicer :D

removeplzvw9.png

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well, I would...

the only reason(s) why I cannot is because the picture of the knife is exactly like that so I drew it to scale or reference or what ever you want to call it. And also because if I took it out and brought the vertacies in the middle together, the tip of the knife would be flat while every other part would be 3D. And it would look wierd.

That black smudge on the very side on the tip is gone now, so maybe that made it look beter.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
hehe

dag.jpg

I tried to replace the gold dagger with mine but when i compiled, it kept compiling with the original blade... so I dont know what to do anymore.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Oi, I think I'm the only one with the mastery of the .qc file. Seems almost no one knows how to compile models into a workable format.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well I think I almost got it. I have the reference.smd and I have all the sequence.smd's but every time I try to compile, it gives me the error:

illegal parent bone replacement in sequence "lift1"
"Bip01 R Forearm" has "Bip01 R UpperArm", reference has "Bip01 R Arm1"

and so on...

I dont know how to fix that.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
OH! Damn, I know what's wrong. I'll have to talk you though it. PM me and I'll set something up.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A) Nice looking dagger
B) Is it going to be implemented into MSC?
C) PLEASE, GOD, TELL ME IT WON'T HAVE HUGGER-DAGGER RANGE!!

That's all 8)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
1. thanks
2. yes
3. ... wouldnt know, dont use hugger and not going to use pfck once i get that *licks lips and says mmm*

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The viewmodel you gave me seems to have an issue.

offset.gif

I can see down my own neck for some reason... Seems it's off set or axis somehow. A few of the test models Gaz sent me did the same thing, so I dunno if it's something odd about MSC models. The script's view settings are the same as the dagger script's - so if this viewmodel conforms to the dagger viewmodel, it *should* work.

Your darksword_rview.mdl has the same issue, but your darkshield_rview.mdl does not. (I'll send you more info on the Urdulian Shield and Volcano Blade when I get the chinks worked out.)

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Oh shit! That must be the shifting to the left thing I keep worrying about. It hasn't happened to me yet, so why don't you send it my way? I'll see what I can do about it.

P.S. : What version is your MS3d if you use MS3d?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
http://www.thothie.com/msc/barnum1.zip

Sent you the new p_models with his stuff in em via PM as well - those worked out fine (although I had to recompile the smallarms and swords as his source p_model was dated and texture settings didn't save.)

For future reference, I'd prefer p_models raw - just that they conform to the animations and submodel sets used in the current p_models (where we have the floor, left hand, right hand, and wear model, seperated into submodels - four for each weapon) - I can stick em in there myself - which as best, as sometimes I have more models in there than in the current public release. It's also wise to prefix your texture names with something unique - to ensure there won't be a conflict with the many textures already in these p_models. (so if you got a texture called metal.bmp - you want it to be darksword_metal.bmp - and such.) Remember you do need prefixed animations, just like in the p_models already in game. eg. darksword_idle, darksword_floor_idle, etc ( P|Barnum actually already did that latter bit on his p_models - I just bring it up for other modelers.)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
that screen is sexy

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you want this in by 2007, I suggest you try to figure what's wrong with the viewmodel yourself (maybe you can fix it via $setorigin) - as I really doubt Orochi will get to it in time.

I may have to axe the idea of the volcano sword+urdulian shield combo canceling out each others speed up/down effects. The speed effect adjustments in general are not working as nicely as I would hope.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
no worries about that and I will try to fix it.. maybe a bad compile I dont know

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I have a suspision that you imported the SMD with "rename bones" ticked.

Re-import it without "rename bones" ticked and then re apply it to the model :)