ERROR LOG: Submit bugs here

Sushii

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have the same problem as Skillasaur :!: Does anybody know how to fix this :?: I wanted to play MS:C so muvh that i almost vried when it just shutted down :!:

gasved

New Adventurer
Reaction score
bug found

You know Ike, he wil give a job. But of not accept the job and saying 'Job' to him again he says: ~~~... tell 0 to hurry up.
He said '0' and not my name. It fixed it self when i got back and accept the job. But then later I couldnot give him the ledger.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Map bug: The issue where the Spider Queen in Thornlands refuses to spawn is back. Please see the ent table of the old Enhancement packages version for a fix for that.

Solution: Ummm... Ripent? :p

Urdulf refuses to take his book via F11, can't complete quest.

Thor-Stryker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
During the "stormy weather" event, the server has a chance to cause an "500 ent overflow" which crashes the server untill a manual reboot can be made.

Pyros_15000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Some of these problems are pretty minor or whiney, sorry about that Smile

Problems:
Game crashed when I broke the door in the crazy guys house in Thornlands

If I drop anything in the water in the pool in Edana (where the pictures of the 4 horsemen are) I can't pick it up again, and after a few minutes it dissapears. Dropping things in the fountain in Edana is fine. Pool of water in Merchant Square in Edana is fine.

The mead and ale bottles (haven't checked potions) look like apples when you drop them

Crashes when you destroy the leftmost piece of the rock covering the entrance to the secret cave in thornlands (leading to the chest that DOESN'T have the Old Book in it). Destroying any of the other pieces works fine.

Sometimes changing areas loads a completely different character instead of just transitioning the current one

Changing level or loading your char when it is dual wielding makes one weapon invisible until you trans it to your pack then get it out again or middle click. Both weapons/items appear in one hand in the 3rd person HUD display thingy

Buying a belt sheath / heavy backpack / dagger sheath for me says "The [item] is too heavy for you to carry" and I don't get the item, but still lose the gold to pay for it. Am currently wearing small Sack, big sack and am (according to the meter) less than half max weight

Asking the mayors guard for a job, he says he has an errand boy, then says "if you see 0 tell him to hurry it up."

Localized speech too big not directed enough? Look at mayors guard, say "job" and the armourer offers you a job while the guard rejects you. Say hello to Urudaf works, say book to him and the Patron goes on about finding Urudaf passed out somewhere. Say book to Urudaf again (because you have it and want to give it to him) again, Patron talks

When dual wielding, the weapon you have set as right-click doesn't get trained when you kill things with it. Switching it to left click fixes this.
[Tested with: Dull Shortsword with Torch].
[Tested with: Dull sword and apple. Rightclicking apple does eating animation, without actually eating it. Middleclick to switch apple to left hand and your health gos up as if you'd just eaten the apple, but you still have that apple.]
[Tested with: Health potion and Dull Shortsword. Same as apple.]
[Note: The above two cases, the item in question doesn't remain permanently, middle clicking to switch it to left click makes it dissapear after enough uses on right click, you just don't get the health until you do switch it to leftclick]

When selling things, bottom left it says "WOrth".... as opposed to "Worth"

The give-the-ledger-to-Ike thing works fine for me

Arc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was having some problems with reading what the npcs were saying, the text it was going off screen. I decided turning up the resolution should fix this since it would basically make it smaller. After changing res and rejoining the server, there was this massive, ugly shape taking up the top half of my screen. It's there in 1st and 3rd person and only goes away when you go to the console or menu. I tried setting the resolution back like i had it and this did nothing. I have absolutely no idea what this thing is, but it appears to be a part of the HUD gone horribly wrong. I hope mucly someone knows what this is and how to get rid of it.

Kieuseru

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Character Spawning Related

AHHH my character cant SPAWN NOOOOOO.

BIG EDIT: I USED THAT DAMN BANK!!! GAHHHHHHG

Ok heres the short story. Start server client-sided.
Character Jabba pops up swell.
CLICK! Uploads..... ..... ..... 99 and its gone....
By gone i mean the entire view character square is gone black, no files deleted yay! and boo!
I restart the map with "changelevel edana"
Character Slot 1 is grey
I restart the server
Character Slot 1 is grey
Changed it to slot3 (rename to cl_save3.char)
same results
RESTART MS, same results happens....
Its Transition Zone is "EDANA->THORNLANDS"

gasved

New Adventurer
Reaction score
found a new bug. in main menu and hold the crosshair on the "Master Sword" in the right corner it says "Master Sword 1.4"

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Character to Character trade does not work.

Error 101 chat-lag followed by server crash pheonominon is still present.

I'd hate to say this but... Map crashing is as common as ever (more common with the memory leak), and map transitions are no more dependable than they were sooo... I'm gonna install AMX to take advantage of crash recovery.

It simply isn't fair to get all the way to challs, and have the server crash for no good reason, being stuck at Edana - epsecially given how hard it is to get eight people into a transition.

I'll keep the map voting disabled for now.

Can we change the transition so only half or three quarters of the players need to be at it to activate it?

Kamer

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Server crashes when hosting a local server, no error message or anything

Someone want to take a shot at fixing this, id really love to play on lan, all servers give me 200 ping + :(
(I live in Alaska, yeah)

DReaM

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I forget the name of the weapon, but for reference its whatever blunt weapon spawns in the upper thornlands chest. After going through a level transition with it in you're hand it looked like this for me: http://img325.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... pon6qt.jpg

I'm not sure if this happens in any other situation but I had an elven sword in my other hand and had each in one hand before the level transition. Also, wasn't that an unused model in the ms folder for a long time?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Funny how this thread got way down at the bottom because everyone starts a new thread with each bug. ;)

Anyways, here's a server crash report that may or may not be of anyuse:
Code:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library
Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\thothie\dedicated server\hlds.exe
File: dbgdel.cpp
Line: 52

Expression: _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)
Abort   Retry   Ignore   

Pyros_15000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Game crashed when I broke the door in the crazy guys house in Thornlands

Can't pick up items dropped into the Edana healing springs.

Mead / ale bottles look like apples when you drop them

Several crashes when you destroy the leftmost piece of the rock covering the entrance to the secret cave in thornlands (leading to the chest that DOESN'T have the Old Book in it). Destroying any of the other pieces works fine.

Sometimes changing areas loads a completely different character instead of just transitioning the current one

Changing level or loading your char when it is dual wielding makes one weapon invisible until you trans it to your pack then get it out again or middle click. Both weapons/items appear in one hand in the 3rd person HUD display

Items that overburden are not given yet still charged for when you attempt to buy them

Asking the mayors guard for a job, he says he has an errand boy, then says "if you see 0 tell him to hurry it up."

Localized speech too big not directed enough. Speaking when facing a different person can cause other NPCs to respond instead of the one you're facing.

When dual wielding, the weapon you have set as right-click doesn't get trained when you kill things with it. Switching it to left click fixes this.

When apple / potions set to right click, you can use them several times with no effect until you middle click, then you get the health from it. Middle clicking again then right clicking lets you eat / drink a few more times, middle click to get the health. *Appears* (?) to not give as much health as when item is used with left-click.

When selling things, bottom left it says "WOrth".... as opposed to "Worth"

--------------------------------------------------
NEW: After playing for some time on my LAN character I created a backup copy of the files, then continued playing. I decided to try for the sewers again... crashed. Joined Thothies server once MS:C was restarted. After playing a while I disconnected to play LaN again, character had seemed to revert to an earlier save (model showed none of my gathered weapons. This had happened a few times before this but a simple restart usually fixed it). After restarting, character is now inaccessible, does not show up on selection screen. Attempting to use either the .backup or the copies I had made pre-crash / pre net game made no difference, character will not come up --> 'Create New' is written in its place

Is there anywhere else in the game that information is stored about characters OTHER than the individual files in the SAVE folder (as this could be the problem)? And could having a char on Central (which I connected to via Thothies server) in the same slot as my LAN char and then playing that character be a part of the problem? Lastly, the .backup and .char files were modified at the same time, so possibly something is going wrong during the backup process?

NEW: Started up a game on Thothies server and because my char was previously in Edana and server was at sfor I spawned in the ground. I then get a series of error messages saying

'Client got 'add to container' message but could not put [item] in rat pelt"

Where [item] was apple, belt sheath, etc etc, probably one for each item I had. I was seeding in Azureus at the time which might make a difference

Deathlord

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I can´t start my server, in the same moment at it finished loading, the server is shutting down. Here´s the log report:

L 01/04/2006 - 17:58:25: Log file started (file "logs\L0104005.log") (game "msc") (version "47/1.1.2.0/2834")
L 01/04/2006 - 17:58:25: Server cvar "sv_clienttrace" = "3.5"
L 01/04/2006 - 17:58:25: Server cvar "pausable" = "0"
L 01/04/2006 - 17:58:25: Server cvar "sv_maxspeed" = "600"
L 01/04/2006 - 17:58:25: Server cvar "ms_pklevel" = "0"
L 01/04/2006 - 17:58:25: Server cvar "ms_serverchar" = "3"
L 01/04/2006 - 17:58:34: Started map "edana" (CRC "-1831793050")
L 01/04/2006 - 17:58:49: Server shutdown
L 01/04/2006 - 17:58:49: Log file closed

JEBUS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
How I got around the crashing when joining servers was just join servers with the patch.

But now I have a problem of it just crashing. No warning, no sound looping, nothing.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Client got 'add to container' message but could not put [item] in rat pelt"

Where [item] was apple, belt sheath, etc etc, probably one for each item I had. I was seeding in Azureus at the time which might make a difference

Yeah, I've gotten that nasty error too - makes me lose all my items, but if I close HL and recon, it seems fine. My client side char had a similar issue on... someone else's server. (Maybe Lord K's.)

Just really nasty having an error window pop up on your client for every inventory item you have when your weight is 99% full. ><

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
lol i now of a crappy lil nothin bug in edana where u can float next to boars.

u jump off right where people usually jump on the house roof infront of the houses window and u can walk forward to an extent and float lol.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oooh, I've got a nifty little one... Now that I can finely actually cast ice sheild and rejuv...

Every time I come to a new map I have -65536 mana (yes, ye old quadruple F attack). ...It counts down... er rather, up... to 0... But it's yet to actually make it to zero, as it takes too long.

My actually manna I can use, however, seems accurate. I can still cast spells, and run out of mana, and get my mana back when I die, despite the indicator indicating negative thousands.