EOL

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
EOL is back...i have taken control over it and will try to finish it... i do recruit a team if anyone is interested please join

http://eol.fragism.com

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lanethan gave me control over it.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
so - this is basicly MS scource...right? or is this a diff thing and the ms source team is working on something completely different? bit confusing...as to why you would develop the same mod twice with different maps and models...

anyways - those maps look pretty good...

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
200 years after ms...
ms source is just ms on sourge engine
EOL is more ms2

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ah - i see, i thought that ms source was to take place in the next era of the MS universe, since MS 1.0 took place in the second age and MSC takes place in the third age.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
dbl posts rock -

by the way, if you've been paying attention to source mods at all you'd know that Empires is developing and/or has developed a way to make maps virtually any size they want its a key feature since thier game is to include aircraft...i believe the limit of this makes the map about 16 times the size of a normal source map (its like if you were able to walk around in the skybox...kinda...only more horizontal...

anyways, if you got that feature working you could almost make the whole thing into ONE uber-map :D

unless you're goin for some uber-uber huge world or some such...

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Wow, unlimited size....

zomg the posibilites :oldshock:

i figured ms source would just kinda absorb eol and use whatever was there already

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
though, i believe that the increased size may reduce possible quality, due to the limiations of the hammer editor/compile tools...it wouldn't be too much of a problem if you made a large "wilderness" area, with connections to dungeons and large cities - it could have its own cities anyways with that size...

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Looks like the other hl2 mods, that will take 2-5 years, (No offense) .. I don't even see WIPs or anything, only some SS of maps :) and its been around since 04 :eek:

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i wont let EOL get absorbed my ms:s...
they are 2 different games in 2 different eras... a cooperation is ok...

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
gay.. why make 2 ok mods when u can combine and make a great mod. ms already has a name and fan base while EoL has been a meer wisper. make EoL into MS:S and it would be better for everyone

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I suspect assimilation is EOL's only hope for survival.
char080.gif
Resistance is futile, donate materials to MS:S. ;)

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
yes but on the other hand with a little competion sprouts grand ideas that can easly make both very good in there own two ways. I would love to see each one go a seperate path, and try and tackle a different kind of challenge. Maybe one could have a magic system like no other, or maybe the possiblity of an actuall hord army attacking a town you must protect. The possibilities are endless!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i dont want to jump from mod to mod because 1 has better dots and the other has better spots. it would be a hell of a lot better if everything was in one

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well...merging would be possible but in THAT case... i want to be part of the team.

problem is EOL is 200 years after ms:s

thats why im thinking of a material cooperation and then developing different maps and stories...

like we share code, props etc.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
As far as I know, these are the correct descriptions of MS: S and EoL:

MasterSword: Source is MasterSword on the Source engine. MasterSword: Source will follow the original layout of the MasterSword world (read: the continent of Daragoth) based on the story "Lanethan" by Lanethan. This means custom maps such as the Curse of the Bear Gods, World Walker One, the Frozen Summit, the Forgotten Outpost, the Badlands and so on will not be a part of the world.

Era of Legends is basically MasterSword 2 (and also on the Source engine). Era of Legends takes place 400 years (not 200, but 400, Gurluas) after MasterSword. The Orcs have overrun the continent of Daragoth, so all the humans, dwarves and elves have fled to the continent of Valen (read it here: http://eol.fragism.com/history.html).

Also, about the thing with huge maps: the Source map limit is 4 times bigger in X, Y and Z directions than the Goldsource map limit. This means the horizontal plane (XY) is 16 times bigger (4 times 4). The total volume of a Source map (XYZ) is 64 times bigger (4 times 4 times 4).
area_hl1_vs_hl2.gif

The Goldsource anime-fighting mod Earth's Special Forces, based on the Dragonball Z anime series, scaled all the player models down. This gives the impression you are walking/flying around in huge maps. The maps are actually just as big as any other Goldsource map you've ever played. They only appear to be big because you're about 1/4th as tall as you would be in most other mods.
ESF Forums 'THE BIG MEGA THREAD OF MAPPING.' said:
Remember that all Earth`s Special Forces player models are 1/4 the size of a Half-Life player model.

I haven't played the Empires mod yet, but I assume they did the same thing. Making the maximum map size larger would require alot of difficult coding, but using downscaled models would be much easier when you're making a new mod.

Read this if my explanation is too vague:
http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.p ... 4774468800

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, interesting thing about Empires....Squirrel and I were playing around and we set noclip mode on ourselves and flew up (while facing the map). There are a infinite amount of the same map (And they are different than the one you play on, because none of the structs were built) which is odd.

But we did find that the outside ring around the playable map is actually tiny (You look like Godzilla to it) and hidden under the map (it uses a camera to project on "screens" which makes it look right). Kinda pointless to know, unless you like standing by the camera and waiting for a noob to come in, "OMFG HOWD U GET SO BIG LAWL"

Great mod though :)

[/tangent]

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yeah, its really fun to noclip down there and put a "giant" turret behind your base, then keep talking about how you've got a "secret weapon" - because then when they come to your base they're just like...oh...oh god...