[DL] New Potions remake and re-animations!!

Bobito Pawner

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm don't have time to upload pics. Just check them out and download them. Download link Mediafire v2

Enjoy. ay, backup your files in case of emergency..
Additional Credits:
get.wav -Strelok
cork_open.wav - Pirates, Vikings and Knights Mod

added Source file

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ooo... Shiny.

Think you replaced all the textures in this instance, so maybe I can just port it straight over. Having the source SMD and BMP's would prevent a decompile from skewing them in the future though.

Also QC - or I'll lose which textures are supposed to be transparent.

Don't think the sound events ya put in will work in MSC though - would need to script it up.

Bobito Pawner

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Ooo... Shiny.

Think you replaced all the textures in this instance, so maybe I can just port it straight over. Having the source SMD and BMP's would prevent a decompile from skewing them in the future though.

Also QC - or I'll lose which textures are supposed to be transparent.

Don't think the sound events ya put in will work in MSC though - would need to script it up.

done again. please re-download :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmmm... Dernit...

Whenever I compile this thing, I lose the shinies... I even went to all the trouble to rename the chrome textures so they'd auto-chrome, make sure all the additive bits were flagged in the QC, and they all seem to be tagged the same as the original model in the viewer, but somehow, I still lose the shinies. (Though I noticed you lost your tankard shinies on the second source as well.)

http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/New_Dri ... _shiny.rar

Dunno if it's something about how the compiler is assembling it or what. :\

Whatchya using to compile this thing?

Bobito Pawner

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Hrmmm... Dernit...

Whenever I compile this thing, I lose the shinies... I even went to all the trouble to rename the chrome textures so they'd auto-chrome, make sure all the additive bits were flagged in the QC, and they all seem to be tagged the same as the original model in the viewer, but somehow, I still lose the shinies. (Though I noticed you lost your tankard shinies on the second source as well.)

http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/New_Dri ... _shiny.rar

Dunno if it's something about how the compiler is assembling it or what. :\

Whatchya using to compile this thing?

I'm using Milkshape 3D for animations and compile. That's why, I can't use 'texrender'..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think maybe your shiny mesh and your regular mesh are directly on top of each other, and thus which gets compiled on top is kinda, randomish. Might need to rework that a bit to, ever-so-slightly, upsize the shiny layer.

Any texture with the word chrome in it should automagically be treated chrome. Additive and Masked renders can be added fairly simply by editing the QC as shown in the example linked above. Doing it in the HLMV post-compile is possible, but it's a pain when yer working with hundreds of models, and leads to inconsistencies during mass compiles/ports.

Bobito Pawner

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I think maybe your shiny mesh and your regular mesh are directly on top of each other, and thus which gets compiled on top is kinda, randomish. Might need to rework that a bit to, ever-so-slightly, upsize the shiny layer.

Any texture with the word chrome in it should automagically be treated chrome. Additive and Masked renders can be added fairly simply by editing the QC as shown in the example linked above. Doing it in the HLMV post-compile is possible, but it's a pain when yer working with hundreds of models, and leads to inconsistencies during mass compiles/ports.

yeah, I'll be modifying my compiler soon.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Dun think it's *just* the compiler though (but yes, it would be good to get use to using the standard compiler). I've had issues with mixed-rendered meshes placed directly on top of each other before, using either method (think this is why your own tankard went dull in the second source). The vertexes need to be on just need to be slightly offset for that to work sometimes. (And again, some poor OpenGL drivers tend to puke that up - just don't have such a system here to test with.)

Bobito Pawner

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Dun think it's *just* the compiler though (but yes, it would be good to get use to using the standard compiler). I've had issues with mixed-rendered meshes placed directly on top of each other before, using either method (think this is why your own tankard went dull in the second source). The vertexes need to be on just need to be slightly offset for that to work sometimes. (And again, some poor OpenGL drivers tend to puke that up - just don't have such a system here to test with.)

hmmmmm I got a question.
the "eat" animations was not used in-game. The game uses only the "drink" sequence, which makes the apple err.. hehe.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Think I can change that... Meantime, just swap the drink to the eat SMD if ya need to test it in game, I suppose.

Bobito Pawner

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Think I can change that... Meantime, just swap the drink to the eat SMD if ya need to test it in game, I suppose.

Aside from the potion, there is something wrong with the jab. When it punches the wall, it sounds that you whack a flesh..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, but, umm... That's kinda what you're doing, save in reverse. ;)

Think it's using weapons/cbar_hitbod1.wav and weapons/cbar_hitbod2.wav - which is the standard Hl flesh-impact sound, can redirect it to some other sound, if you've got some better idea.

Bobito Pawner

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Yeah, but, umm... That's kinda what you're doing, save in reverse. ;)

Think it's using weapons/cbar_hitbod1.wav and weapons/cbar_hitbod2.wav - which is the standard Hl flesh-impact sound, can redirect it to some other sound, if you've got some better idea.

Well yeah, I already knew that the game was using the crowbar sounds which is not really fitting. I'll try to gather more data and report it to you, together with my suggestions :) hehe.