[NPC]PVK Heavy Knight

Lewie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
A quick conversion I did of the Heavy Knight player model from the Half-Life mod, Pirates, Vikings, and Knights, to the NPC guards in MasterSword.

Full credits & instructions included in the .rar.

Pic:
preview4yh.jpg

Download Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/6536487/Knig ... n.rar.html

Enjoy! :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
At least he's making use of a model that would otherwise go to waste.

I guess PVK isn't *quite* dead, but there are many totally dead mods out there with models that would be of use for this game, thus saving much development time, and preventing many modeling hours from going forever to waste.

Hush

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
but there are many totally dead mods out there with models that would be of use for this game, thus saving much development time, and preventing many modeling hours from going forever to waste.

Like the zombie.mdl from the dead "dsa-hl"mod?
Perhaps the MS:C-Team could use it...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Excellent example. ;)

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Just because a mod is dead means that thier content is now allowed to be used by anyone. Nor does it mean that the team will be willing to give up the content.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Unless you maintain a copyright with the state, if you abandon your mod, you abandon all the content that goes with it, and rightly so.

More appropriately and honorably, however, there's also the whole e-mail and ask thing, and crediting anyone who can't be reached. Many former developers are surprisingly eager to share. Most simply grew out of it.

Suffice to say tons of tons, perhaps whole terabytes of good artwork is wasting away due to people abandoning their mods, and people too ashamed to ask for permissions.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
I agree with Thothie, i mean that is a sexy model that would look awsome ingame on this mod. plus... i love zombies!!! lol

Thothie said:
Unless you maintain a copyright with the state, if you abandon your mod, you abandon all the content that goes with it, and rightly so.

More appropriately and honorably, however, there's also the whole e-mail and ask thing, and crediting anyone who can't be reached. Many former developers are surprisingly eager to share. Most simply grew out of it.

Suffice to say tons of tons, perhaps whole terabytes of good artwork is wasting away due to people abandoning their mods, and people too ashamed to ask for permissions.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
That zombie model is crap :p

Slab of beef thigh and tooth pick leg :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh come now, it's at least on par with the MS skeletons. Some kinda of plague zombie walking corpse thingie.

Gotta URL for that mod? I may ask myself...

Hush

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
That is one crap skin, might as well say that model is a pile of leather of some sort.

Crap skin?
Well, look at the boar, bat or hawk from MS 1.35 ;)
I hope they will be better in MS:C :)