"didnt that arrow hit?"

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ok, so whenever i play on my own listenserver and try to use archery it seems that arrows go thru monster models but dont connect with a hitbox...

its not the case when i play online, on someone elses server(toobad there arent many of those)

*sigh* if only the latest patch worked for everybody

deadvoices

New Adventurer
Reaction score
whenever i play on my own listenserver

It happens to me too... I think for skeletons its just going between the bones, they dont seem to have a huge and easy to hit hit-box. Which brings me to a question, could you make a headshot actually count? That would be sweet to use archery blasting orcs in the face one-hittin em down.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
As far as I know, hitboxes in MS have always been state of the art ****. MS: C does the job a little better, but I've occasionally 'missed' a boar while my arrow went through him. Same for skeletons and God knows what other monsters.

Ah well, I guess some monsters have ****boxes instead of hitboxes. :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've switched to an orc bow and sold off my longbow, because the bloody thing can't shoot at things at medium range - the orc bow doesn't seem to have his issue, however. Doesn't fire much slower - probably a lot less range though - but I'm never shooting at any specs of dust in the distance. I'm sure the damage is the same, as I think Lord K still confuses arrows and pennies. ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Probably... If you want to be sure, just drop your longbow, put something in each hand, and pick it up - it'll file into whichever sack of infinite holding you have instead of your back - and you can then go pick up a cheap bow of your choice and strap that to your back. Beware that longbow is a heavy thing to haul though.

commandfox

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah, to be honest i did have this problem when i first got the bow.. but after some time it did start to shoot like any proper bow should and has a awesome range.

But shouldnt bows add to the base minimum dmg, because atm if you run out of arrows ur kinda screwd

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Different bows are superior because they are more likely to hit at range, though i agree if they shoot harder to be able to hit at longer range, they should do some more damage too.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Don't get him started. ;)

JabbahRulz

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Oh aye it is. Random hitboxes ftw, happened with me with lightning just then, missed a monster 5 times before it hit lol