Character Bugged

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Every time I join my own server now, it crashes out with a "modcache" error.

This started showing up right after Kasabian threw a piss fit & seemingly crashed my server, and now every time I hop back in it it crashes back out.

I would venture a guess that this is that bugged character thing, where a CHAR.sav/char (whichever it is as of late) is causing the crashes...

So, please restore my character to the latest backup? So long as it predates the last hour (10:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, is what time it is right now)...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Can you join with another slot? (I'm not familiar with the crashing-char bug as I never saw it, so I don't know if it crashes when you join or when you click the character)

Is it just your server? 'cause I think the crashing-char affected all servers.

Are you fully updated? Was he?

What maps did you try starting/joining on?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Need Steam id and slot#, and repeat the date you want.

Clientside modcache errors are weird (I'm assuming this is a dedicated server). I think you'd be the second character to develop this oddity. The work around the other guy was using, iirc, was starting a listenserver in Edana before joining another.

Planning on serious model consolidation for MAR2007a now that Orochi has given me a pretty good chunk of models to try to further consolidate - may put an end to it.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:12378629
Slot: The First One
Time: 6:00 AM of February 5th

Thanks Thothie.

@ MiB
I am actually going to reinstall patches, just to be safe.
I used the quickie from A - to - B patch before... gonna use the full thing this time. And I haven't bothered testing my second slot char ("Vivi") quite yet, and I kind of doubt there's anything wrong with that one (since I haven't even touched it since like January 22nd or something).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done... Bit worrysome that the character sizes are identical, although the mod dates are different.