Bug Reports for client.dll - F.2

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Thanks for fixing the text bug. Few new ones cropped up, that I suspect maybe related to "new new" client.dll:

- Can't see armor at all, on anyone but myself (nor can anyone see my armor)

- Fire arrows do not emit light (the light they emitted before was rather pathetic, but now they do nothing - please fix, and have emit brighter/larger light than before)

- Fire darts seem to light up areas less regularly (less often) than they used to.

That's all I have for now.

Rauell

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Thanks for fixing the text bug. Few new ones cropped up, that I suspect maybe related to "new new" client.dll:

- Can't see armor at all, on anyone but myself (nor can anyone see my armor)

- Fire arrows do not emit light (the light they emitted before was rather pathetic, but now they do nothing - please fix, and have emit brighter/larger light than before)

- Fire darts seem to light up areas less regularly (less often) than they used to.

That's all I have for now.

Ever since i first installed niether me or my brother could see eachothers armor...

I agree, fire arrows need to not emit such a RED light that looks unnatural, they should be like a temporary torch you can shoot.. IMHO

Dunno bout the last

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually, I've discovered if you take off your armor, and put it back on, people CAN see it afterwards - at least until map change.

It is still, however, not rendering properly (undergarments still popping through armor)... It maybe the armor model's animations don't line up with the new player model's animations.

A quick and drity solution to that would be to make an alternate skin for players wearing full armor with the LEGS.BMP and BODY.BMP skins made pure blue and set to transparent. (Thus those body sections would not render while wearing armor)... Not sure how well that would work though.

Err... I also notice the player's reference.mdl seems to have a submodel with no legs - I wonder if it's just a case of this failing to activate.

Khorney

New Adventurer
Reaction score
if your going to change the armour you might as well go the full way and make it a model swap making just the helmet a skin add on. it would look much better and possibly less buggy (as far as i know...). have you got an armour with which you could do this?

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Actually, I've discovered if you take off your armor, and put it back on, people CAN see it afterwards - at least until map change.

It is still, however, not rendering properly (undergarments still popping through armor)... It maybe the armor model's animations don't line up with the new player model's animations.

A quick and drity solution to that would be to make an alternate skin for players wearing full armor with the LEGS.BMP and BODY.BMP skins made pure blue and set to transparent. (Thus those body sections would not render while wearing armor)... Not sure how well that would work though.

Err... I also notice the player's reference.mdl seems to have a submodel with no legs - I wonder if it's just a case of this failing to activate.

I have had these problems since the vanilla release and each patch afterwards.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i guess the no legs is the one used for the doll.