Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
miko2386 said:
all of the rks server cannot run shender_east
When I get back I'll check that again... I believe I got a report in this regards from someone else, and could not duplicate it, so please confirm that the server didn't change to shender_east, and your client simply died, by checking the server list after exit (for that would be another issue entirely.)

miko2386 said:
and hell 's diner is not connected to FN
Fuuuuuu... Yeah, I was noticing that Hell's Diner was spamming FN with invalid passwords, but was chalking it up to the server being out of date - which does not seem to be the case now... It's hard to get ahold of HellsCook, as he doesn't check his PM's, and now that MS Messenger is dead (*/me mutters profanities*), my one IM contact for him is gone.

If someone else can find him, tell him to check the FN password/address in his designated FN server section.

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
miko2386 said:
all of the rks server cannot run shender_east
When I get back I'll check that again... I believe I got a report in this regards from someone else, and could not duplicate it, so please confirm that the server didn't change to shender_east, and your client simply died, by checking the server list after exit (for that would be another issue entirely.)

The server could changelevel to shender_east but someone joins
it crashes the server when a player connected to the server and precaching resources

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can verify that the server is actually crashing.
I get spammed with a hundred of messages everyday notifying me that the server has crashed.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Looking at the servers' command lines... I'd be guessing it's because the -num_edicts 1500 tag we placed on the old servers, in order to fix this last time, did not transfer to the new servers.

Since we've upped the client edicts default to 1500 in the listlib.gam file, the servers need the same thing in their command line. Don't ask me why they don't use the same setting in the listlib.gam file.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All the servers have it set though...
I just double checked it.

-console -game msc $[Service.Slots] +ip $[Service.IpAddress] -port $[Service.GamePort] +exec crashed.cfg +exec "server.cfg" -insecure -noaff -noipx -num_edicts 1500

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmm... Yeah, yer right - I didn't hit the "custom" tab - I guess it's the custom one it's actually using... In these logs yer getting, any clue as to what the actual error it's getting is? Wondering if the pack's missing a piece of media or something.

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
using matched dual blood blades doesnt give xp to swordsmanship
same thing happen to a single blood blade
it gives xp to small arms

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, that's on the list of things we've fixed so far.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
So i'm finally testing this mod on my new computer, been encountering some issues that seem awkward to me.

First thing being that the "dusk" command makes me crash instantly, my fps drops really low then crashes or it's insta-crash when it happens. I get this error aswell telling me that models/armor/p_helmets.mdl couldn't be found.

Bloom mode, makes my screen all f*cked up (worst than the texture glitches i used to get on my laptop), guess this was to be expected somehow... my screen turns all shiny basically, i can see the huds, the hud on the left gets expanded on the screen with shiny bloom covering the thing completly.

Also that hotfix you made for double click, works. And i got in on a FN server while using that hotfix, i thought it was meant to say that dll's differ or something alike to prevent us from playing on FN? (i forgot about this sadly, only remembered when i was testing things on edana)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Blarg, I'll have to try the dusk command when I get home - presumably, you'd just crash whenever the time hit - what is that, the 17th hour on Leann?

Model missing is often a miss-patch, but we do seem to get this periodic bit of models failing to precache, or some such, for a few years now. But it could also be a split install (read on...)

I've been clean on the texture glitches lately, until shifting several maps. Not run into new issues with bloom nor recurrence of the upside-down potion bottle of dewm. Bloom shouldn't be applied to the Hud icons, as they are on a separate layer (or even the mini-me), but ye can try disabling them and see what happens.

The hotfix not preventing you from connecting to servers is very odd. It suggests it isn't applied correctly (check the date on your msc/cl_dlls/client.dll). If you've not played in a loong time, you may have a split MSC install (which would also explain the missing model) - since the install folder has changed as of February. When running the full install and the patch, check that it's going to Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\msc and NOT your username\Half-Life folder - in case Steam failed to update your registry. Similarly, the client.dll needs to go in that folder, and not in your user folder. (Should really delete your username\Half-Life, if you've updated - verify Half-Life's integrity while yer at it - lest yer trying to play with a rolled back variant).

Stizz

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Shender is buggy as all hell atm. Sometimes you can load in sometimes you cant and most people cant ever. When you finally do load in, selecting most weapons seems to lock up/crash the server.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah... Not sure whaddup with that, and it didn't come up in testing, but the RKS servers are running on a different OS than the XP server we tested on (and on VM's), so it may be they have less resources as a result. (Also worth pointing out that it had no issues the few times I tried it on the RKS servers, but I was solo.)

The map is right up against the Alloc_block limit as a result of all those large chambers and terrain deformations... Only way I can think to fix that, would be to square one of them out, and the only aesthetic way I can think to do that is maybe rig it up so it looks like you're inside a section of The_Wall that comes down there (perhaps the chamber with the Burning One in it). That'd be very difficult and time consuming though.

edit: 'sparimented a bit... Those efforts didn't pan out, but some other minor tweaks and changing the max node size in the compile seems to have shaved off a little more Alloc_block room. Hope that's it... There's a fairly wide variety of mobs (and thus models) and several oversized textures, but not much more I can do. (Those counts read well within limits though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.