Bow/Crossbow Right-click Idea

Y0SHiB0Y

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was thinking players could have two quivers and each one would be assigned to left-click and right-click attacks.

Players could put their special arrows/bolts into the second quiver.

Example:
Put your frost arrows into the right-click quiver and your jagged arrows into the left-click quiver. Use the right-click to shoot that one frost arrow and then pump them full of jagged arrows (without having to open your inventory).

:?:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I don't know if it's possible. One way of doing SOMETHING like that is to get 2 quivers and assign them to quickslots. Put one bolt type in one and the other bolt type in the other quiver. When you want to switch between the two, hit the quickslot of the OPPOSITE quiver that you want and then 'q'. This will make the quiver you want be the "highest" quiver and thus the one you take ammo from.

Y0SHiB0Y

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I haven't been able to figure out anything about using hotkeys :oops:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Step 1: Get the item you want to quickslot in your hand (MAIN hand)
Step 2: Hold down the quickslot key you want to bind it to (f1 - f10)
Step 3: Profit!

Anytime you press that key now, that weapon will come out (Assuming of course that you have the weapon and it's ID is the same, so if you bank it and take it out, the ID isn't the same and won't be pulled out with the quickslot)

DocMombo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Right click for iron-sights

Unless that's reserved for the attachable grenade launcher.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, still have yet to figure out how to get key control for weapons (right/left, whatnot). It's been changed so many different ways in the code, it's hard to tell which bit of the code is actually still functioning. (A lot of functions that are never used are still in the code - not commented - and it's really infurating when I start altering unused code trying to fix something, only to discover the operation is actually being done somewhere else entirely - tis a large part of what delayed the JUN2007a release.)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie's favorite post starter: Meh.

Anywho, why don't you just put debug statements in the functions that you have doubts about? (dbg("I R IN TEH LEFT_HAND FUNCTION LAWL"))

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Can't even call certain types of debug functions from certain sections of the code, but yeah, it eventually comes down to hacks like that. Generally takes several tries of modifieing unused code and going 'wtf' before I realize there's code doing the same thing somewhere else.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Hacks? Pffft! It's the best debug method around, kthx!

Where's the 'meh'? WHERE'S THE MEH?!?!?