Beta Worldmap Discussion

Hush

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
why are you unable to donate things? you could always learn to do something ;)

I work the whole day .. and there are so much other things to do.. well, life is hard :wink:

By the way - perhaps you can remember the zombie and crowmodel from the died dsa-hl-mod i showed you (do you got them thothie?).. well, here is a mod, which is near it's end - perhaps another chance to get some stuff :p
http://destiny.planethalflife.gamespy.com/

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh yea! Destiny! I was meaning to suggest asking them about it, it looked amazing.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
By the way - perhaps you can remember the zombie and crowmodel from the died dsa-hl-mod i showed you
I got it, but it didn't have the model you showed me, and thus far the few addresses I've manage to find for the original german authors have all gone bouncie on me.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Kuroneko said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I've always wondered why that was moved in the first place.

Because it was in the wrong place to begin with.

Well, MSCave hits so many more transitions, and Heras hits none, it's easier to have it on the north end in its original loc, and let Heras do its dead end curving back towards Edana. Otherwise the various MScave trans don't have any hope of rejoining the world.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ewok once spoke of a tropical island with a volcano and treasures... to the south by taking the ship in deralia...it still exist in the plans?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've no map source - but there are four concept maps there, some of which are islands no doubt, so sure.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
he never started it but the ship in deralia was meant to go there.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
if i remember correctly - someone DID start an island map...wonder if they ever got anywhere on it...very good brushwork on the beach...

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Modified PVK map? As I keep saying, they have very good maps, especially ones like this:

Front Shot

Back View

*shrug* I don't have any other screens. Anyway, PVK maps are an option, but modification of the maps is necessary if it is going to be an 'official' MS:C release.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There are some potential PVK maps for usage. In most cases, they are so old the source is no where to be found. Ya can Ripent maps up - but for quality MSC maps, ya usually have to rebuild.

Although a PVK modeler *did* screw us on the xbow, Marctastic has given us permission to borrow his maps before (the ms pvp maps) - and PVK maps come from a wide variety of places.

Trick is getting a source. If anyone wants to harass a mapper on the PVK forums, by all means, send him my way. ;)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well then, it could be the elven ruins in the map series mib and i are working on...would make a few lines on that map criss-cross though ;)

thats gonna be quite alot of transitions though... >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The more the better.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
melanion is an underground ruin under the elven capital...means you wont ever go outside....and its going to house real abomination...

if you want to do an outdoor elven ruin i suggest you do bruin...

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
hmmm...anyway, i've got an elven ruin planned...its outside...so yeah...

on a side note: this weekend hasn't gone exactly as planned in previous posts, i've spent it mostly re-designing badlands and making val-sul's chamber (which is nearly done)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
sounds good...anyway i suggest doing bruin...

Tao

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think we could need more safe zones, towns in the northern areas.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We can put some of the ruins above ground, I suppose, and just assume the new elven capitol, which is built on top of them, doesn't extend all the way into it...or mayhaps we can change 'on top of' to 'just north of'. ;) But I think it would need one underground entrance at least to match that mine like entrances in Bloodrose.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
melanion was an undergound ruin...would spoil the project making it above ground...just use bruin it was a great elven city...that has been overrun by lor malgoriand.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well then it would make sense that some of the ruins would still be above ground. :p

People seem to have an aversion to making underground maps, despite the fact that is what the engine is really designed to do.